SKSE won't go fullscreen

mccabeco

So I just redownloaded Skyrim after a year or so and got a few of the major mods I remember and run it all through Mod Organizer. I also downloaded SKSE, which is apparently the problem. I can launch Skyrim through its executable or the launcher, of course through Mod Organizer, and it runs fine but when I try to open the SKSE launcher it will only open a small box in the corner of my screen. I can play normally in the small box but it is incredibly annoying. I have also checked my skyrimprefs.ini and it is set to fullscreen. Any ideas about how to fix this?

• 3 months later...

Hi there, jpm. I have done everything I can think of to fix this issue. I have never had this be a problem before and I just got a new powerful pc. I downloaded all of the modding essentials I always use, but I cannot play the game because It appears in the corner of my screen as a window. I have edited skyrimprefs.ini and edited my enboost settings however nothing works. Please help.

If you're using MO, then check your ini files under MO profile. It doesn't use default path, but creates its own copy. Usually straight copy from your default inis, but if they happened to be in wrong resolution in that moment, it carried over. Skyrim default launcher has annoying habit to reset your resolution to something ridiculously small if you change settings.

• 7 months later...

If you're using MO, then check your ini files under MO profile. It doesn't use default path, but creates its own copy. Usually straight copy from your default inis, but if they happened to be in wrong resolution in that moment, it carried over. Skyrim default launcher has annoying habit to reset your resolution to something ridiculously small if you change settings.

Been having this problem. Viewed SkryimPrefs.ini in ModOrganizer and they were blank.

Had added the "bfull Screen=1" in my docs folder version. So I copied and pasted the entire SkyrimPrefs.ini from my Docs folder into the ModOrganizer SkyrimPrefs.ini. Worked like a charm. And fixed my Xbox Controller issue at the same time. Thanks!

And: if you are using MO for your mods, and not launching by way of MO (or it's created desktop shortcut), then you will not be loading your mods. So it seems like a moot point to me.