sick of ctd

Mig35

if you use The Cot WeatherPatch, don't use night level from COT it's incompatible;

Warzone + NPC's overhaul or even alone can make your game CTD because of random spawn on some setup , from last update lvl spawn 2 recommended for low computers

Elfx need Cot interior to be unused, Elfx change every interior lights so..no ctd, just weird color probably

is Immersive Riverwood compatible with JK Riverwood? JK change many thing in each towns, is it compatible with Warzone or Npc's overhaul?

you have all the JK'S mod do you have enough power to run all these mods + probably your texture + all script?

BFU isn't compatible with AP, because of the master bed in Breezhome

do you use the memory patch in Skse.ini + MemoBlockLog? do you use a Enb or EnbBoost?

@@

Ah, thats information to think over. Thank you, and thanks everyone who where thinking about it as well so far.

Immersive Riverwood is not compatible with JK riverwood, but they might be both on the list here but I have deselected the immersive riverwood in MO. Actually I have all the immersive options deselected but the immersive Whiterun because I find the outskirts a very good addition.

I had no problems with BFU and AP, but since my personal life gives me enough "satisfaction":P:P:P I might want to try what happens when I deinstall AP

your quote: Elfx need Cot interior to be unused, Elfx change every interior lights so..no ctd, just weird color probably.

I think I adjusted both mods to be compatible, will check again.

my answer: I have to check about the COT weatherpatch and the night level stuff.

Warzone plus NPC overhaul might be causing ctd problems indeed but I like both mods very much so I have to conside what I do with it.

your quote: you have all the JK'S mod do you have enough power to run all these mods + probably your texture + all script?

My answer: I think with an amd phenom x4, and a geforce gtx960 (latest STryx technology or something) and 12gb RAM, I pack quite a punch but I like to hear your (or anyone else) opinion

in this matter since I am not an expert.

I use ENB realvision, Do I use ENBoost? ehm.....where can I check if have installed that?

I use the memory patch skse.ini but MemoBlockLog I am not sure about. Can you please freshen up my memory on where to find that? I have taken some time to

install lot of those things, but for some reason I do not remember exactly how I did it all.

(If you do not have time to reinstruct me about all this, then please a little patience because I have to recheck myself)

By the way: with a mod list like this? What system config would you recommend?

you didn't say for your setup, so i assumed it was weak :D

COT weather patch»»»it's in the description page, you have to use his night lvl instead of COT, but no ctd, it's just differences between lighting quality and brightness

»»»»»MemoryBlock.log

if you use any Enb, Enb boost is in the EnbLocal.ini, with Real Vision, it's made by the RV installer, you have a reminder when you finish the install :smile:, but , if you have >8gb ram and vram »» use all your vidéo memory instead less 170 with W7

»»»right clic your screen»»screen setup»»»advanced»»total video mem

For AP do what you want :D it's just the master bed which isn't anymore in the right position for AP so it can cause a weird glitch, man if you ever see my LO :wink:

@@

Edit: you must use enb 0.279, it will tell you right on the screen on load how much Video mem are available for Skyrim, whatever ini setting you have

Edited by korun

did u modify much in your current savegame? if u (un-)installed many mods maybe try the savegamecleaner -> http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?

Also cleaning all mods / add-ons with Tes5Edit can help to make your game be more stable for modding. Always make a backup of your game folder before doing this. If u want to know which files need to be cleaned install LOOT -> https://loot.github.io/

btw - with the latest SKSE u don't need additional tools anymore - they included the memory patch and other stuff already.

Additionally you can push the initally allocated RAM by pushing the referring line in the SKSE.ini. You can find a .ini on the nexus or just google it - there's a good description on steam.

Edited by Sevenplagues

to sevenplagues: the savegamecleaner might be something to look into. Master files are cleaned so far, I have not had a look into mod cleaning yet.

To Korun:

this the ENBlocal.ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true
EnableZPrepass=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=8192
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=30.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=true
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

I have a gpu with 2gb in it, but I see here vieomemory is set on 8gb?? strange.....

Memory patch is well adjusted as far as I know:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=2048
ScrapheapSizeMB=256

Since I have 12gb RAM, worthwhile pushing it a bit higher? Is this good the way it is?

I have installed memory blocks log but I did it in MO. Cannot remember where to open the log in order to see at how much ram usage the game went ctd.

Take your time, thanks for your help so far lad!!

I am also receiving ctd. I decided to not use start another life this time and did normal game start, everything fine but when I get close to riverwood game crashes. At first I thought it was skytest realistic animals but it seems something related with citys. I will do further testing. I thinking it might be ETAC or something to do with characters. Here is my load order:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Rebirth Monster.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp=1
Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp=1
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp=1
Immersive Solstheim.esp=1
Immersive Whiterun.esp=1
ASKETMODSFiFaI0.2.31.1fv.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress.esp=1
ETaC - Complete.esp=1
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp=1
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp=1
ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
TradeBarter.esp=1
SFO - Dragonborn.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp=1
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
Tamriel Reloaded HD.esp=1
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp=1
Differently Ebony.esp=1
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp=1
SoS - Civilization.esp=1
SoS - The Dungeons.esp=1
SoS - The Wilds.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp=1
ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp=1
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp=1
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp=1
Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp=1
Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp=1
Perfect Legionnaire - Full Helmet.esp=1
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp=1
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp=1
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp=1
Animallica.esp=1
AOS.esp=1
AOS2_EBT Patch.esp=1
AOS2_SoS Patch.esp=1
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Requiem.esp=1
ETaC - Complete Requiem Patch.esp=1
ISCompendium Requiem Patch.esp=1
CFR-CloaksForRequiem.esp=1
Requiem - Animallica.esp=1
Requiem - USKP + UDGP.esp=1
Requiem - Hearthfire.esp=1
NRM Dragonborn - Requiem Patch.esp=1
Requiem - True Giants and Mammoths.esp=1
KFR-Kryptopyr'sFixesReqtified.esp=1
COR-CraftingOverhaulReqtified.esp=1
Requiem - Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Requiem - Audio Overhaul for Skyrim.esp=1
Requiem - Revenge of the Enemies.esp=1
Requiem - Revenge of the Enemies - SIC.esp=1
Requiem - Trade and Barter.esp=1
Requiem - Unique Uniques - AOS.esp=1
Requiem - Skytest.esp=1
Requiem for the Indifferent.esp=1

1. Mod cleaning is basically the same as cleaning the add-ons. Gopher has a very good tutorial for both seperately on youtube.

2. VideoMemorySizeMb= your gpuRAM+your PC RAM - 2048 f.e. u have 4gb ram and your 2 gpu ram then it's 4096 + 2048 - 2048 exactly which gives u VideoMemorySizeMb=4096 to put in. I have seen some enb settings where they subtract 128 mb to have some space left but that's not mandatory.

3. i forgot if it already has been a topic for your problem (and i'm too lazy to read everything again^^) but did u have a look into your skyrim.ini in pc/documents/MyGames/Skyrim? There's a line that has to be

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH
if u have another language i can be the problem for your ctd at the login screen.

@ migalex maybe better delete your post and make a completely new thread. It helps keeping the thread clear and even gives your problem more attention if it isn't hidden in another guy's thread.

PS: first thing i recognized is that your unofficial patches are on wrong spots. It has to be:

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=1

...then your other mods

Loot can help u too rearranging your mods.

Your ctd doen't necessarily has to do something with the cities. Your vram or ram that's dedicated to skyrim could be filled with too many stuff so the rather big cell of the city could simply be the last straw that breaks the camel's back. Don't focus on that too much. It COULD lead into a wrong direction.

Edited by Sevenplagues

• 1 month later...

By the way: to the people who where trying to help me with the problem as given in this topic thread.

I have reinstalled skyrim and minimized the amount of mods. Switched to Vividian ENB with purity. Some modifications I made in the installation before had to be done with lots of mods and patches and now I have all in one mods for that: e.g. Purity and Audio Overhaul instead of the modular Climates of Tamriel and Sounds of Skyrim. As recommended, I have abandoned the fast respawn mod. ALso discovered Immersive Armours is quite the performance killer, do not really need it to be honest.

Still I do not really understand why my machine should not be able to handle a heavy configuration though........but the lightweight stuff I have now is quite a relief anyway.

How powerful is your PC? That's a lot of mods, including some visual enhancement mods and yet I notice you don't have the high res texture packs for some reason. That list of mods would require a fairly hefty machine to run well on.

A GTX 460? That's a 4 year old GPU and probably your issue with too much being loaded into VRAM. That card only has 1GB of VRAM. Avoid any high-res textures that are above 1K and try to avoid just any extra texture mods.