How do I Install RAM into my Dell 15R?

Hey guys I've had a Dell 15R since about a year and a half, it has an extra RAM slot so I thought I'd give it 4 or 8 gigs more, I haven't ever tinkered with my laptop's hardware, I made a PC for my friend and that's the only hardware tinkering experience I have.

I just wanted to ask whether there's any specific RAM size for a laptop or not.

This is the RAM I wanted to buy: http://www.shophive.com/kingston-ddr3-8gb-pc1600-so-notebook

The title says notebook, does that mean there's actually different RAM sizes for laptops and desktops? How do I check the size of my RAM slot? [i know the location]

Thanks

The spec I see for ram on the 15r is DDR3L at 1600Mhz - you would want to match that. - The one you asked about should work as it meets these specs.

However, The only spec I see on the 15r is it comes with 8G of ram already. From what I see, it has 2 - 4G sticks of ram, and NO open ram slots available unless you remove one of the existing sticks. Removing one of the 4G sticks and replacing it with an 8G may or may not work . And you may be trading 8G on 2 sticks for 8G on one stick - no real change.

Currently more than 8G is overkill. If your 15r already has 8G, it will not help to have more.

The spec I see for ram on the 15r is DDR3L at 1600Mhz - you would want to match that. - The one you asked about should work as it meets these specs.

However, The only spec I see on the 15r is it comes with 8G of ram already. From what I see, it has 2 - 4G sticks of ram, and NO open ram slots available unless you remove one of the existing sticks. Removing one of the 4G sticks and replacing it with an 8G may or may not work . And you may be trading 8G on 2 sticks for 8G on one stick - no real change.

Currently more than 8G is overkill. If your 15r already has 8G, it will not help to have more.

Actually I bought a limited edition 15R with 4GB RAM but with a high end 275$ CPU, my "plan" was to manually upgrade the RAM later, myself. Anyway, as always, thanks for being a great help.