ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

List of all quest ids?

GuruManGunz

Just can not buy the Imperial City house, so I need the quest id to start the quest and buy the furniture and get my loot stashed safe. UESP doesn't list any ids. The quest isn't in my quest log though I spoke with the lady who sells it.

EDIT: Noticed in the House Guide on this forum that there is no quest. I didn't have enough gold and used the console to add more. Could that affect it?

I'll just go to Aleswell if I can't figure this out.

Edited by GuruManGunz

Hey, Yo!

I was wondering if their is a deed to the abandoned shack that I could console magic into my inventory. Would that make the shack mine and could I buy the furnitures? It is silly that I can not find any quest code or deed id for this stuff on the internet. Thanks!

Do you have high enough disposition with the seller at the Office of Imperial Commerce? The UESP wiki says you need at least 50, but if you have a mod that changes it, it might be something else. And it is also possible that a mod changes the house buying thing or the one who sells it so much that you need to either read the readme for the mod or examine the mod in the Construction Set to figure out the conditions to purchase it.

I don't know why google refuses to work for my interests. I can't find any quest id or the id for the house key. If someone could post these, I would be super appreciative of this cosmic effort! I may also need the ids for the furniture items too, but activating the quest in the console may just open them in the market store.

You might like to take a look at this page here at UESP; it at least gives you the IDs for each upgrade. But since you don't mind acquiring things through "console magic", you could just donate yourself sufficient gold to buy the shack outright from Vinicia Melissaeia, plus all the upgrades.

That's for the Waterfront Shack for Sale. You also mentioned "the abandoned shack", but that's a different house in the same neighbourhood, not for sale, that is actually called "Abandoned Shack" in the game. There's a page on it here, if you care to read more about it.

Tip: the UESP is your friend! :thumbsup:

Personally, I've always been partial to A Rather Nice Shack by StapleNinja. It's just across the way from the House for Sale and in my opinion far surpasses it. I usually have it in every instance of my Oblivion, and for further little touches here and there, there's always Imperial Furniture Renovated by AndalayBay. I don't think I've actually lived in the House for Sale ever - I know I haven't even bothered to buy it since about 2008. Unless you have your heart set on the vanilla House for Sale, you might want to see if it appeals to you, too.

Just thought I'd mention it! :smile:

If looking at alternatives to the Waterfront shack have a look at Maple Cottage. It's location is far superior to the shack, offers ample secure storage and is companion friendly so you won't outgrow it. There is a small quest to get the keys so you won't even need to console gift yourself a thing.

I would like to back up Bess on what she recommended.

Also, I have both mods, and they stay in the game.

Striker879 recommended a very nice place, but I do

not use it due to a conflict.

Just north of the Talos Bridge is Carah's Cart

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35167/