How long does it take to load Oblivion.esm in the CS?

TheMastersSon

This probably belongs in the Hardware forum but we're hoping for responses from CS users... We're considering a PC upgrade (after 6 years) and wondering how much faster current systems are. So once the CS is loaded on your system, how long does it take to load Oblivion.esm (without any mods)? It's just under 30 sec. (the 1st time, uncached) on ours, if you could post your own results it would help us make a decision. Thanks!

Somewhere in the sub-10 second area. Doesn't matter if it is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time loaded since it is stored on an SSD card.

My current PC is over one year old and a custom rig with the specs in my profile. The OS is loaded on the SSD as well as Oblivion and modding tools for performance. The PC I had before this one was over 7 years old as well and it took over 60 seconds to load Oblivion.esm. It is a remarkable improvement to say the least. My upgrade to the current PC is documented here.

While making models for Oblivion, I add the items into the CS first and load up the game and add them to my inventory. I then ALT+TAB out of the game, fire up Blender to make my changes and export to NIF directly to the game folder. I don't have to exit Oblivion or Blender to make changes. I simple export a changed model, go back into Oblivion and then unequip and re-equip the item to see the change take effect.

LHammonds

Somewhere in the sub-10 second area. Doesn't matter if it is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time loaded since it is stored on an SSD card.

My current PC is over one year old and a custom rig with the specs in my profile. The OS is loaded on the SSD as well as Oblivion and modding tools for performance. The PC I had before this one was over 7 years old as well and it took over 60 seconds to load Oblivion.esm. It is a remarkable improvement to say the least. My upgrade to the current PC is documented here.

While making models for Oblivion, I add the items into the CS first and load up the game and add them to my inventory. I then ALT+TAB out of the game, fire up Blender to make my changes and export to NIF directly to the game folder. I don't have to exit Oblivion or Blender to make changes. I simple export a changed model, go back into Oblivion and then unequip and re-equip the item to see the change take effect.

LHammonds

nice computer! :woot: