FireFall - Will you Buy it?

ninjafish

You don't have to, it's free :).

Well it will be free when it's released.

FireFall - Click main image for video

The release date give at PAX isn't specific, however it's a "Before the End of 2011" release, so it's sometime this year. I watched // read multiple reviews on this from PAX, and the general consensus is this game is absolutely amazing. The footage I saw of gameplay looks nice, and the lead developer said the one things he's most proud of and wants people to feel and understand when they play, is the control.

From the footage I saw and from what the developers have released, you have three different basic loadouts. Soldier, medic and sniper. Each of these can be customized with skills to use, as well as "Battle Frames" which help determine your character.

Looks sweet. I'm definitely grabbing it, and why wouldn't I? It's free! I'd pay $60 for a game like this to, looks nice.

Oh. And the best part.

YOU CAN'T BUY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP. Directly from the lead developer, while you can purchase stuff with money for the game, it will in no way give you an advantage over your allies or enemies, which leads me to believe this will be entirely visual content.

ily Red 5 Studios

You don't have to, it's free

Darn it, and here I was going to say, "Probably not because I don't know what it is!" :tongue:

YOU CAN'T BUY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP. Directly from the lead developer, while you can purchase stuff with money for the game, it will in no way give you an advantage over your allies or enemies, which leads me to believe this will be entirely visual content.

I wish more multiplayer online games would be this way. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that paid-for stuff will be purely cosmetic. Exteel for example has a paid tier of weapons which are actually inferior to the top-tier stuff that can be bought with free currency... though it takes a lot of said free currency.