Finish this lyric!

brokenergy

Okay this is a fun little game that I think that we all can play. Rules are simple:

• You write one half a lyric and we would have to guess the rest and the name of the title.
  • No google allowed, it's a guessing game. Google is allowed but you need to guess first. At least try to attempt it before giving up
  • If the song and rest of the lyric is not guessed within 25 posts, you have to give the answer and a new lyric
  • One hint is allowed to kickstart the guessing, with another hint after 10. Try not to be obscure with the hints
  • You can go as far back as recorded singing started, so you can use obscure jazz songs, musical numbers but no songs with no lyrics, or small amount of lyrics. So no Sandstorm or Turn Down For What

Got it?

I'll start with a simple one

I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware! Well, I never seen a king of ____

Edited by brokenergy

OK I may have cheated but I know this song. Well, when my daughter sang this line a few times I knew it. She only sang the line and danced a bit saying, "MOM! You KNOW this." Ha ha...we did only watch it a few million times.

answer:

Well I've never seen a king of beast with quite so little hair.

I just can't wait to be king-from the Lion King

I have a suggestion. I think this game could be really fun. However, perhaps a time limit or something should be part of the rules? If there is a line no one knows, maybe after 2-3 days the answer is posted and/or another person can go. Otherwise those really into something obscure won't stump everyone where the game grinds to a halt?

Now I can go?

I'll even give a hint, this is a "modern" song from a band that has been around a long time, though they are not popular main steam anymore. The album this is on came out in the late 1960s.

When I'm with you,

it doesn't matter where we are

or what....

Okay, you can google but at least try to guess first the song and the rest of the lyric

and there is a post limit instead of time, makes the game faster

Edited by brokenergy