Political Correctness,

phoneyLogic

Blinders? Don't you mean blinkers? Of course if you think the thread is ridiculous, you are not compelled to participate just as you are allowed to state it's ridiculous.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did go back and re-read the thread, which is why I started again from the top. I'm quite certain I didn't call anyone a name. I do get a bit miffed when innocent people are victimized and made into scapegoats. I admit it, I don't like that much.

I think that Ginny was referring to some Labor Party officials regarding the name calling. She just happened to bring it up while responding to something that you had said. I do not recall ever hearing you engage in that sort of nonsensical debate tactic.

Blinders? Don't you mean blinkers? Of course if you think the thread is ridiculous, you are not compelled to participate just as you are allowed to state it's ridiculous.

No I mean blinders. And I don't have to reflect about the good visible first: Political correctness does not exist on the internet. As such, patronization is the worst counter-argument by a mile. Actually it is none at all.

No I mean blinders. And I don't have to reflect about the good visible first: Political correctness does not exist on the internet. As such, patronization is the worst counter-argument by a mile. Actually it is none at all.

Well, you would know all about patronization, you do remind me of someone in that respect. Please explain what you mean by blinders. I have heard of blinkers (items of horse tack used to prevent them being distracted) but not blinders (at least here in the UK we don't blind our horses). YOUR arguments would carry more credence if they were not so impenetrable.

Well, you would know all about patronization, you do remind me of someone in that respect. Please explain what you mean by blinders. I have heard of blinkers (items of horse tack used to prevent them being distracted) but not blinders (at least here in the UK we don't blind our horses). YOUR arguments would carry more credence if they were not so impenetrable.

A blinder is a blinker.

Tell me something new, something that has substance, for example on how you handle political correctness on the internet. Up to now your diversion is just a credit to my argumentation, namely that it doesn't exist. C'mon - you can do better.

If you think political correctness on the internet doesn't exist, I seriously doubt that you have read this thread in the first place, as it is full of prime examples. Stereotyping - stating that if you are straight, white and male you are unlikely to suffer systematic discrimination is the obvious one. Implying that those who disagree with the politically correct line must therefore believe that it's OK to be horrible to someone on grounds of race, sex, creed, orientation (which appears to have royally peed off greywaste as well as me) is another.

If you had read the thread, you would see how I deal with political correctness on the internet - by arguing against it and saying it is a load of pants that is counter productive and may well foster a terrible backlash against the people it seeks to protect.

You know, I think who your posting pattern reminds me of is coming back to me...

Chill, peeps. :) Some of this is starting to get a bit personal. *shrugs*

FACT: Political Correctness is here in all of its obnoxious, choking glory, whether it exists in your particular neighbourhood or not. :wallbash:

FACT: Political Correctness is a load of cobblers. :whistling:

FACT: The Sensible Majority just wish that Political Correctness would go away. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sync182

A blinder is a blinker.

Tell me something new, something that has substance, for example on how you handle political correctness on the internet. Up to now your diversion is just a credit to my argumentation, namely that it doesn't exist. C'mon - you can do better.

You know, I think who your posting pattern reminds me of is coming back to me...

How does one handle thought coercion on the Internet? Simply by refusing to acquiesce to it, the same as one does in the real world both can be accomplished with civility.

LOL... Ginnyfizz.....just turn on your IFF and it will come back to you.

FACT: Political Correctness is here in all of its obnoxious, choking glory, whether it exists in your particular neighbourhood or not. :wallbash:

FACT: Political Correctness is a load of cobblers. :whistling:

FACT: The Sensible Majority just wish that Political Correctness would go away. :thumbsup:

Couldn't have put it better myself Sync182.