Replacement loading screen Issues / OBMM help

OleWilliams

2 problems in one here. I have been posting a lot of issues but that's because I am getting the core of my mods ( FCOM and other overhauls ... ( SM + LAME + RB + Deadly Reflex + AF ) etc.

I have narrowed down the problems and the source of a lot of them are that I can't figure out how to make a omod with textures and meshes. I know what you should do... I create the omod after adding in the meshes and textures but unless the mod comes with OMOD data there is a 50/50 chance that the textures/ meshes won't take even though they said there activated.. and then I have to manually add them into the data folder ( which makes uninstalling horrible ).

On the loading screen " problem " the new loading screens are working fine. ( Loading Screens Replacer + Add on + Shivering Isles ). But for some reason it leaves in one vanilla loading screen that will appear more often then any other loading screen and kinda throws it off balance. It's a man with a elven helmet in the vanilla style and I get it around 30% of the time ( the other 70% is all new ones ).

Might not seem like much but it bugs the hell out of me the game would feel a lot nicer if I could get rid of it.

What you must remember, is that not all mods are packaged in the same way, but OMODs must be created in a standard format. That means that you should ALWAYS study the folder structure of a mod before creating an OMOD. The folder structure MUST be:

..\meshes\*\*\*

..\textures\*\*\*

..\sound\*\*\*

..\menus\*\*\*

..\any plugins.esp

So, create a temporary folder on your desktop and drag any 'Textures', 'Meshes', 'sound', 'menus', and esps to the temporary folder. Now point OBMM to the new folder and create your OMOD.

BEWARE: There are always exceptions, where mods have different options. For these, you must read the installation instructions and (usually) overwrite the default files with any options you wish. An alternative is to learn OBMM scripting.