Favorite Game

Guss

I have seen pic's of starcraft but what do you do on that game? :huh:

Check out this page. It's StarCrafts home.

Ok, I see what the game is like, it is like the C&C games. "Command and Conquer"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's very few Star Wars titles that I didn't like. As was mentioned in my previous post, Starwars Knights of the Old republic is my all time favorite game and favorite Starwars title. It had a great storyline, those who played it will agree.

I have Jedi Outcast too, but I got bored in the first mission. I'm not a big fan of guns when you can have a lightsaber... That's why I prefered Jedi Academy to it. There's nothing like a little duel with JK:JA no-lives over the internet.

As for SW strategy games, I really liked Empire at War, especially those spicy space battles.

Republic Commando was good. I disliked the ending, I would have hoped it would last until order 66.

And I loved Battlefront I & II.

Let's not forget about the uncomming title Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, from Lucas Arts and Krome Studios! Theres a page about it on wookiepedia, giving hints to the storyline. Apparently, you are playing as Vader's secret apprentice. The action takes place between episode III-IV.

What was Force Commander all about?

There's very few Star Wars titles that I didn't like. As was mentioned in my previous post, Starwars Knights of the Old republic is my all time favorite game and favorite Starwars title. It had a great storyline, those who played it will agree.

Not much can beat KotOR. :D Atleast the story. It's just so immensive, so powerful. And the real fun starts when you start talking to your companions, and learn about their history and childhood. You can almost fall in love with Juhani, she's just sooo cool! :ph34r:

(Hmm, I wonder if I listed KotOR in my favorite list... :unsure: )

This seems to be derailing a bit again... this isn't about Star Wars. At least if you want to discuss your fave Star Wars game, include your other fave games as well. :P

This seems to be derailing a bit again... this isn't about Star Wars. At least if you want to discuss your fave Star Wars game, include your other fave games as well. :P

I see that Jonlissla is of topic but everyone else is discussing their favorite games and listing them too. Also telling me and other people what that game is like. Some of the games on this topic I have no idea what they are and have never seen them before, until I posted this topic. ;)

I see that Jonlissla is of topic but everyone else is discussing their favorite games and listing them too. Also telling me and other people what that game is like. Some of the games on this topic I have no idea what they are and have never seen them before, until I posted this topic. ;)

Tell me about it. Mind you, I like Star Wars, but I've never actually been a fan of the games. Just the few that were on the N64.

Anyway, currently, as of right at this moment, I'd have to say my favourite game is Call of Duty 2 (for the PC of course). Anyone who's anyone HAS to play CoD2, as it's much, MUCH better than the original CoD (graphics-wise, that is). It does immerse you into what the actual combat of WWII might have been like, although we'll never know what our soldiers actually felt, saw, and heard (but we do have a slight sense of that). And I have to admit that I am sort of a WWII buff. Not to get patriotic or anything, but you do have to thank the veterans who fought bravely and died honourably for us - if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the freedoms we have today.

Anyway, as for my alltime favourite game, it still has to be the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES. But I still have many other favourite games, much too many to list here in one sitting.

Alright alright, I get the point! :P Let's get to the topic again, shall we? Your favorite game.

Strangely, no one has mentioned Grim Fandango... Pity, it was made by Lucasarts in their days of glory (Monkey Island series, Sam and Max etc). Too bad they are almost extinct now.

My favourite Graphic Adventure is most definitely Riven, the sequel to Myst. It is the most fiendishly difficult and surreal adventure I've ever played. Strangely enough, the Myst saga are pretty much the only games of this genre that I have been able to complete without once needing help :mellow:

I bought "Schizm" hoping for a similar experience, but that's not fiendish - it's illogical and anally bizarre. Not to mention the apalling translation. Bag o' spuds IMO.

ooc> My favourite Sesame Street character is definitely Elmo :rolleyes:

ic> In hindsight, I think my fave SNES game was actually Super Mario World rather than Killer Instinct. Aah, those were the days! :D

Super Mario World was indeed TEH BEST SNES game I've played, amongst others. It had so many secrets to find, especially that top secret world (I don't think I've totally found everything tho).

Super Mario Bros. 3 OTOH was TEH BEST NES game, besides the original SMB. I still have my old SNES AND original NES, both still in mint condition. I do sometimes play my favourite NES and SNES games on the PC, thanx in part to Snes9x and Jnes ;) .

---------------------------------------------------

karkarinus, ELMO LOVES YOU!!!

Archived