Need help replacing inventory idles

Moire

I want to replace the inventory idle pose for one-hand and no weapon equipped. What are the animations that I need to replace?

Those are for the 3rd person idles. What I want is the INVENTORY idles. I have already changed the 3rd person idles and the ones in the inventory are not affected.

Browsing through the bsa files the only other thing I could see was in the Oblivion - Misc.bsa where there is a menus\main\player_model.xml. I don't know what the xml may point to, perhaps the .kf files for the main menu?

Those are for the 3rd person idles. What I want is the INVENTORY idles. I have already changed the 3rd person idles and the ones in the inventory are not affected.

If you download any inventory idle mods you will see that those are amongst what they use, and are the appropriate animations for your request. Maybe you need to assign them in your mod?.

I have assigned them in my mod. I ticked every animation I could find but maybe the ones I'm using are not meant for the inventory?

I have assigned them in my mod. I ticked every animation I could find but maybe the ones I'm using are not meant for the inventory?

Inventory animations are the "equipped weapon" 3rd person animations, like Hickory said (with 1 correction), e.g.

\meshes\characters\_male\handtohandidle.kf (if no weapon)

\meshes\characters\_male\onehandidle.kf (if one-hand weapon drawn)

If this doesn't show up, it might be that you simply copied any animation to xxxidle.kf. You have to make sure that it's a looping animations, and it has to have the ControllerSequence value "idle". You can change bothe values with NifSkope

Another problem is that if you change a animation in _male, all NPCs will show the same animation when they idle with a weapon drawn (which of course is not very often). If you still want to avoid this, you have to put your new idle anims into \meshes\characters\_male\specialanims, AND THEN you can check it in the CS.

Finally got it to work by putting the idle in \meshes\characters\_male. I have no idea why it didn't work before and it still doesn't work in specialanims but I can live with that. Thanks for your help anyway. Edited by Moire