ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

M2 Mortar

sgtKraigO

Could someone make a mesh and texture of an M2 mortar system? It seems fairly easy but I can't figure out how to use Nifscope or Blender. Doesn't have to be perfect, colour doesn't matter but I would prefer a desert tan. It has always bugs me that the NCR mass produces guns and ammo but but doesn't make any mortar systems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_mortar

Do you want it to actually fire or are you just looking for a static?

just static. I can use the Boomers artillery effect to show them firing.

Actually if you rig a ProjectileNode in the mesh you might be able to script it so that it is deployable, use binoculars as a locator to point out a target and activate it to fire. You might (can't quite remember) need to use NVSE, but I did something similar with my Flying Mine Bots mod.

Actually if you rig a ProjectileNode in the mesh you might be able to script it so that it is deployable, use binoculars as a locator to point out a target and activate it to fire. You might (can't quite remember) need to use NVSE, but I did something similar with my Flying Mine Bots mod.

I just planned on using something similar to the boomers artillery barrage, just with smaller explosions.

I have small request to add to the first. Could you also make a 81mm mortar? You can use the same plate shape but all you would have to do is extend the length of the barrel and increase it's diameter a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M252_mortar

Edited by sgtKraigO

I'm not exactly a professional modeler, but here's my first shot at it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60382/?

I still need to add the sight onto the side of it and make a desert tan version for you.

Could you have it so the plate is more flat? I could see it's current angle being an issue. But all in all it looks really good thank you very much :D

Every picture of the M2 I looked at had it angled. I believe the reason is that a plate that is flat against the ground will want to "walk" backwards more from the recoil forces on the mortar with every shot. An angled plate is going to try to dig more into the ground, and will stay put better.

But if you want a flat version, I'll make you a flat version. No biggie.

I also didn't see any pictures of the bottom of the plate so I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to look like underneath. Do you just want a flat plate that is level with the ground and flat on the bottom?

Edited by madmongo

Every picture of the M2 I looked at had it angled. I believe the reason is that a plate that is flat against the ground will want to "walk" backwards more from the recoil forces on the mortar with every shot. An angled plate is going to try to dig more into the ground, and will stay put better.

But if you want a flat version, I'll make you a flat version. No biggie.

I also didn't see any pictures of the bottom of the plate so I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to look like underneath. Do you just want a flat plate that is level with the ground and flat on the bottom?

That makes sense, in the case you can just leave it the way it is.