M2 Mortar

sgtKraigO

I've uploaded a new version. This has the desert tan version, and also has a rusty version. Personally I like the rusty version the best. The olive green and desert tan version both look too clean for the wasteland.

I added the sight to the side and also scaled the size up a little as the first version looked a bit small to me. Let me know if I need to adjust the size one way or the other.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60382/?

Edited by madmongo

And now I've uploaded an even newer version. This version includes the larger mortar, also available in olive green, desert tan, and rusted.

I gave it a flat circular base as the pictures of the M252 that I found all had the base sitting flat. I made a solid base instead of a spoked one just to make it a bit faster and easier to model. I also cheated and used the same bipod mount and sight that I used on the M2 version. Basically, the difference between the smaller version and the larger version (other than the size) is the circular base, the longer tube with the mount attaching further down, and the blast attenuator on the end of the tube.

I think I made the larger version a bit too large. You can always scale it down a bit in the GECK.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

And now I've uploaded an even newer version. This version includes the larger mortar, also available in olive green, desert tan, and rusted.

I gave it a flat circular base as the pictures of the M252 that I found all had the base sitting flat. I made a solid base instead of a spoked one just to make it a bit faster and easier to model. I also cheated and used the same bipod mount and sight that I used on the M2 version. Basically, the difference between the smaller version and the larger version (other than the size) is the circular base, the longer tube with the mount attaching further down, and the blast attenuator on the end of the tube.

I think I made the larger version a bit too large. You can always scale it down a bit in the GECK.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

I just looked at the pics, looks good. I don't have enough time atm to check it out in the GECK but I will be sure to check it out when I do. Thank you :)

The original is zzMortar1 (olive green), zzMortar2 (desert tan), and zzMortar3 (rusty).

The newer larger one is zzMortarLg1 (olive green), zzMortarLg2 (desert tan), and zzMortarLg3 (rusty).

So I reinstalled the file and the only model I can see in GECK is zzMortar. There is no other object available.

I just downloaded the file from the nexus and opened it in the GECK and it has all 6 mortars (3 original and 3 large). Maybe try clearing the cache in your browser and download it again?

If you open the mod and go to RSDelta in the GECK do you see the mortars there?

Just got it working thanks. They look nice, I agree that the 81mm does look a little large but that's fine.