Bribe The Guards!

InuyashaFE

No, I'm not looking for an overhaul mod.

What I'm looking for is a mod that allows me to bribe guards into paying fines for me. I don't want to have to charm them.

I tried it myself, but it seems like the dispositions cap at 80.

Could someone please make them susceptible to bribe?

To define the problem, you want to pay guards a bribe so that they won't make you pay your fine, which is a larger amount than the bribe would be?

How big of a bribe were you thinking of? Would it be some sort of flat amount? Or a percentage of your current bounty?

To define the problem, you want to pay guards a bribe so that they won't make you pay your fine, which is a larger amount than the bribe would be?

How big of a bribe were you thinking of? Would it be some sort of flat amount? Or a percentage of your current bounty?

Well, you notice that if a guard's disposition is high enough, he'll 'take care of that fine for you'. But you can only accomplish this if you raise their disposition to the absolute highest with speechcraft and using the bribe button in the minigame. But their disposition only goes so high, then you have to use charm spells and yield to them.

What the problem is for me is that I want to be able to raise their disposition to that height, to the point where they'll pay the fine for me, without having to use a charm spell.

It sounds like what you want is a mod which goes in and edits the disposition condition on perhaps one line of vanilla Oblivion dialog. So if the guard's disposition to you was 80, which it sounds like you can achieve without charm spells, then the guard would use the dialog line in which he removes your bounty as a favor to a friend.

Edit: I did some testing on this. The timing is wrong. You can't use persuasion on guards while they are trying to arrest you. They just use a GREETING that gives you the option to go to jail, pay the fine, or resist arrest. The only guards this would work on would be ones that you had already made friends of before you committed your crime. Once they are chasing you it is too late.

It sounds to me like some additional dialog is needed so that when they run up to you to arrest you, then you get four options, like: (1) go to jail, (2) pay the fine, (3) resist arrest, or (4) persuade and/or bribe the guard.

I still don't understand the design parameters for this mod.

In your game, how are you managing to persuade or bribe guards while they are chasing you and trying to arrest you? Are you using some mods that are making your game this way?

Edited by David Brasher

It sounds like what you want is a mod which goes in and edits the disposition condition on perhaps one line of vanilla Oblivion dialog. So if the guard's disposition to you was 80, which it sounds like you can achieve without charm spells, then the guard would use the dialog line in which he removes your bounty as a favor to a friend.

Edit: I did some testing on this. The timing is wrong. You can't use persuasion on guards while they are trying to arrest you. They just use a GREETING that gives you the option to go to jail, pay the fine, or resist arrest. The only guards this would work on would be ones that you had already made friends of before you committed your crime. Once they are chasing you it is too late.

It sounds to me like some additional dialog is needed so that when they run up to you to arrest you, then you get four options, like: (1) go to jail, (2) pay the fine, (3) resist arrest, or (4) persuade and/or bribe the guard.

I still don't understand the design parameters for this mod.

In your game, how are you managing to persuade or bribe guards while they are chasing you and trying to arrest you? Are you using some mods that are making your game this way?

Bribing them and getting their disposition high enough beforehand would be just fine, that's exactly what I'm looking for is to raise their dispositions before you commit the crime.

What I'm doing is persuading them beforehand, getting their disposition up high enough, committing the crime, then using the charm spells before yielding to them.

In that case, the mod is already built and sitting on my computer. It is the one I was testing with yesterday. I will have to test it a bit more and then package and upload it later this evening.

In that case, the mod is already built and sitting on my computer. It is the one I was testing with yesterday. I will have to test it a bit more and then package and upload it later this evening.

Thanks a million, I really appreciate it! :biggrin:

• 6 years later...