Save Game Issue with Fresh Install

Azoroth

Done, problem still persists unfortunately. It's located directly on the C:\Games\ directory now

What, your save games? :confused:

Done, problem still persists unfortunately. It's located directly on the C:\Games\ directory now

What, your save games? :confused:

Umm no, I reinstalled Oblivion to that directory, did not load any saves, let Oblivion manually create the Saves folder in C:\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves. Saves are still not appearing.

I'm wondering about your uninstall/re-install. When you uninstalled did you clean out the leftover registry entries? Here's an excerpt from bben46's uninstall/re-install guide:

Now to remove the registry entries that were left behind. If all else fails, this usually works to resurrect your game.

I do not recommend manually editing the registry unless you know what you are doing. A mistake here could make your entire computer unusable.

There are several good programs for removing left behind entries. The one I use is ccleaner. Be sure to reboot before using it, and again after. It is free and available here:

http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

Once the registry is clean this would also be a good time to do a file clean up. Run the built in Windows 'Disk Cleanup' routine. If you used the ccleaner, most of this has already been done, but it won't hurt to do it anyway.

You might want to take a look through the guide as well and see if anything he mentions rings any bells for you (about what to do or not to do). I have seen the using the DVD to uninstall trick mentioned in other uninstall guides ... part of a thorough uninstall for problematic situations.