Updating problems."HELP"PLEASE

Rian352

hey guys i am using windows 7 and when i update my oblivion somewhere at 13% it says "old file not found.However another file was found with the same name.Update didnt complete since it contentents didnt match".ohhh and also its something to do with oblivion launcher.exe. I really hope you guys can help coz im desperate.

thanks for the help but i dont really see anything i could use but thanks again

ohhhh and can you please help me with how i am installing the wrong version

Thanks again : D

currently i am using version 1.1.115

hope you can help

hope you can help

What do you mean by you don't see anything you could use? There are different patches for different locations (US/Europe, etc) as well as different versions. If you try to install the incorrect patch, or a patch on a cracked/stolen game, that is the error that you will get.

hope you can help

What do you mean by you don't see anything you could use? There are different patches for different locations (US/Europe, etc) as well as different versions. If you try to install the incorrect patch, or a patch on a cracked/stolen game, that is the error that you will get.

well i live in south africa dude not in US or Europe

Excerpted from the Elder Scrolls Official site support page:

OBLIVION UK/EUROPEAN/AUSTRALIAN PATCH v1.2.0416

Oblivion_v1.2.0416UK.exe (4.8 MB) 05/07/2007

This patch is for UK/Europe/Australia (English versions only).

This patch is NOT compatible with copies purchased via direct2drive or localized versions of Oblivion.

South Africa isn't mentioned anywhere on the support page so if you have an English version of the game and are outside of North America I would guess that's the one to use.

well last night i tried again it failed at 13% but when i go in game it says version 1.2.0.416 and the grass is part of the imperial city and its also purple

P:S Im just trying to help you help me.LOL

If your game says you are at version 1.2.0.416 then it doesn't need updating.

If you are having land and textures issues, then you have conflicts in your mods, and you need to post a mod list.

Purple ground with repeating tiny maps of the Imperial City

This is caused by corrupted shaders.

Here is a link to replace them without having to reinstall

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20348

Thanks to Qwaxalot for this tip. Please give any kudos for it to him. :thumbsup:

Now, if you have corrupted shaders, I have seen that caused by a failed update, or installing the wrong patch also.

The ONLY fix for a wrong patch being installed is to reinstall the game from scratch. A wrong patch cannot be undone. And especially not by trying to patch over it.

Try the shader fix first though

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.