What do you collect?

Saamun

I collect marbles, though my collection is not with me. I've got several hundred and used to play with them in my childhood.

...yes, I know how that all sounded.

At least you haven't lost them...your childhood marbles, I mean...http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/whistling.gif

I don't collect much, but I do try to have a copy of every Stephen King book around, and I have a complete set of Berserk manga.

Edited by WizardOfAtlantis

I collect various motorsport souvenirs.

All sorts of interesting souvenirs of recent Motor Racing. My best item is a chunk of carbon fibre, presumably off of an F-1, I'd say a Force India by the scrap of green/white/orange paint, I found it in the park in Melbourne after the GP this year.

Aside from the obvious, model cars, a few shirts, hats, and ofcourse, many many books, I also collect bits of debris as mementos. For me a chunk of smashed race car is a great memento, an "I was there when he blew up" and a permanent reminder of the races I''ve watched from the stands.

I love motor racing, and motor racing is not a clean busniess; a modern racing car has a nearly indestructible cage around the driver, but the rest of the vehicle is fragile and exposed. You often get all sorts of debris beside the trrack after the race, and nobody objects to you grabbing one as a take-home memento.

For me bringing home a bit of smashed-off Front Spoiler that was once a Formula One driven by one of the world's greatest drivers is a great souvenir. I collect them as a memento of the races I've watched, and of the big moments, it's one thing to watch a spectacular pileup on live TV, it's quite another to go home with a piece of one of the cars! And some of it's just cool stuff, I've got some that are genuinely interesting bits of memorabilia; a chunk of aluminum thta was once the EndPlate of a V-8 supercar's rear spoiler, a bit of Formula One suspension that's still recognisable and has a Sauber badge on it, (a front strut) numerous bits of recognisable shrapnel from big crashes, and a few complete spoilers, hoods, doors, badges, and a wheel off a Radical SR3.

It's a stupid thing to collect I know, but it's not about collecting bits of broken Carbon Fibre, it's about the memories they bring back; it's about how those bits of Carbon got there, and how they ended up lying in the grass rather than attached to 60,000,000 Formula One.

Aside from my 500+ vinyl albums (haven't bought one for years), I collect game-worn hockey jerseys. Unfortunately, I had to sell a lot of my collection when the recession hit. Had an old Calgary Cowboys jersey (WHA), a LA Kings Paul Coffey, 87/88 Craig Simpson Oilers.... I'm gonna stop - this is killing me. Still have a Habs Doug Gilmour, Rangers Mike Rogers (from one of the 2, I think, years where they had "New York" on the front of their road jerseys rather than "Rangers"), an old white/green/red Devils J, and a few others. I guess maybe I "collect" guitars, because I play like crap yet have 5 of them. (My prize is an all-white, tho kinda yelowy with age, Gibson ES-335).

But I'd trade all of that for the skull of an alien species!!

May the Omnissiah watch over you, battle-brother Vindekarr.

As fond of the cult mechanicus as I am, I'm not familier with the warmonger titan. I thought there was only the warhound, the reaver, the warlord, and the imperitor.

Dark angels and raven wing are the only chapters I really care for space marine wise. I prefer the inquistion and the mechanicus.

I collect manga(I have 2 warhammer 40k manga), anime, tv series, and graphic novels. As soon as I can give up the insane amount of money for one, I want a titan myself, as well as a mechanicus based imperial guard army with a tech-commisar riding a stormlord.

The Warmonger is an older Titan, it's an Imperator hull, but the "building" on top is smaller and is largely replaced by weapon turrets. Plenty of variants of Imperator exist, the Warmonger being my favorite. It's a much humbler looking titan, not as grand or gothic, but it sure has firepower.

All the titans, like Baneblades, have lots of sub-patterns based on their STC. The old but reliable Reaver for example comes with all sorts of diferent types of Reaver, with diferent loadouts and gear, the Imperator comes in a few types, i think the Warlord has two or three, and I know the WarHound has lots.

I collect a bunch of things...or hoard them :whistling:

Ive got dozens of gaming systems going back to the begining of time, with 1000's of games for them all.

AD@D 2nd edition- 90% of everything that came out during its run...thats a lot of books and boxed sets :wacko:

weapons!..all kinds, guns, swords, other...bladed types. bows and xbows....

computers and other tech.... I love my "Command Center"!

money, old and new.. from all over the world..all locked up in an old pirate looking treasure chest :tongue: