Getting an NPC to eat at an inn?

joefeyas

Ok so I got my NPC to go in to eat mode and head to the desired location (nearby inn). However once inside she just stands around for 2 hours then leaves.

In my mind, I'm thinking its an ownership problem. There is food on the tables and the food has ownership set to NONE. The inn itself is owned by another NPC, does that mean everything inside automatically belongs to that NPC reguardless of the ownership setting?

Seeking guidance!

JF

What Bethesda does in Vanilla is to place some food (such as an apple) in the NPC's inventory. They never truly interact with the environment by eating the food on the tables.

So what they do is when they sit down to eat they are actually eating stuff out of their inventory. That's why they can eat anywhere they sit, not just at a table with food.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

I saw this in another forum concerning ownership:

"... any item or container that does not have an explicit owner, is owned by the cell owner"

SO I suppose I'd have to create a special "MyInn faction" and assign all npcs and all food to that faction in order to have them eat off the tables.

When you give them an inventory food item make sure to change the number of units to -1 (negative one). That will give them an unlimited supply.

Edit: After you add or edit some food on the tables that they have access to you'll need to give them a Find package with Food as a target to get them to search for it.

Edited by Striker879