soul traping problem

fiendroman

first thing even tho i new 2 the forum and my english isnt 2 well . i am playing morrowind for few years now , so i aint a noob about it .

but i am in problem .. few months ago i felt like playing again in it , bought bloodmoon , installed it , and updated it . it all went fine till i fiound out i cant use soultrap anymore , i have no idea why that happen

but i just cant do the magic , when i try it does no effect which bummered me , i gave up and stop 2 play it till 2day . 2day i installed only regular morrowind (no mods) and tryed 2 play

and again when i got 2 soul trapping i couldnt .

ifu have any clue how can i slove it i would be gratfull

if not plz tell me the command 2 create soul gems with gems inside(if any command like it exist)

any help will be appreicated i am stuck

:(

I don't think Bloodmoon should interfere with trapping souls...very strange.

Just a few basic questions...

Are you using any patches? Before the first Morrowind patch it was possible to soultrap creatures AFTER they were already dead. The patch removed this bug, and you had to cast soultrap before the creatures were dead. As far as I know the expansions include that patch....but I could be wrong there.

Are you trying to soultrap a creature rather than NPCs?

If your soultrap spell is 'on touch' are you close enough for it to take effect?

Do you get the purple sparkles which indicate that the spell is in effect after you cast it?

Are you killing the creatures while the spell is in force?

Do you have the right kind of soulgem in your inventory?

When you say you installed Morrowind, do you mean you uninstalled and reinstalled your gamefiles, or that you only selected Morrowind in the data files screen?

Archived