[WIP] Helmet Overlays

scrivener07

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great. Sorry I haven't been able to work on my overlays. I've been busy with school and trying to find a job, plus midterms are soon.

I hope to have at least the Vanilla helms (light and heavy) done late Dec. and the rest of Vanilla headwear done early next year. Then hopefully have patches for Immersive Armors, Generic Chainmail Armor, Early-Middleages Helmets pack and Unique Dragon Priest Masks - HD textures at some point.

In bold - Update kinda...

I'm sorry I haven't been working on this. School, jobless, depression hits hard. I should be continuing my work on this if I can get myself up now that my semester is over.

Edit: Plus I've been kinda adverse to working on this, or any Skyrim mod, since I can't even play atm... :\

Edited by Everlive

• 4 weeks later...

School, jobless, depression hits hard.

^This sums up my current situation perfectly :sad:

Sorry for being absent for so long, I just popped in to check on you guys. Everlive, hang in there and work by your own pace. In the end, you'll get it done and I for one can't wait to see it :wink:

Good luck.

Yeah, and classes start next week. TBH, I'm also waiting for compatibility with IFPV so I can actually use my textures as well. I'll get back to work on it today and see what all I can get done by Sunday.
I'll post updates here as they happen.

Ok, so far. I have:
Iron
Ancient Nord/Draugr
Steel
Steel Horned
Steel Plate/Nord Plate
Dwarven/Dwemer
Orcish/Orismer
Ebony
Dragonbone
Daedric

10 overlays done. I only have about 5 more heavy vanilla helms to go. Then it's on to light, then misc, then Dawnguard, then Dragonborn, then mods.

Edited by Everlive

• 3 weeks later...

A few questions:

1. How are you :smile:

2. How far is the 3.0 version of the mod?

3. Are there any plans to change the mod from detecting the ground model to something that is not shared between different helmets? The fur hood, padded fur hood and reinforced fur hood in Immersive armours all use the same GM but have VERY different overlays.

4. Any updates Everlive? Can we maybe get a sneak peek? :happy:

My life has kinda become
1. wake at noon
2. School work
3. eat
4. Play Skyrim 'til 4am
5. Sleep
Just kinda trying to use my free time to enjoy the game. Any news on Immersive First Person compatibility?

I'll post a couple in a few.

The next version should be compatible with IFPV. But I haven't heard from scrievener07 for a while now, so I don't know how far with v3.0 is he. I saw your comment on overlays not showing up. Have you tried reinstalling skse? Not saying you did anything wrong but apparently when installing skse it can do it wrong. Rarely though. I had just one report of skse reinstallation solving the problem you describe. I think it was on page 10 of this thread. Hope it helps and have fun :wink:

Edited by megapolom

The next version should be compatible with IFPV. But I haven't heard from scrievener07 for a while now, so I don't know how far with v3.0 is he. I saw your comment on overlays not showing up. Have you tried reinstalling skse? Not saying you did anything wrong but apparently when installing skse it can do it wrong. Rarely though. I had just one report of skse reinstallation solving the problem you describe. I think it was on page 10 of this thread. Hope it helps and have fun :wink:

That's strange that SKSE would be messing up on this one mod when every other SKSE mods work just fine. I'll try it and if it works, then I'll be able to do in-game screenshots of my overlays instead of laying the overlay over a screenshot.