[WIP] Helmet Overlays

scrivener07

So I got a comment about overlays not showing up. This is the screenshot he/she made. The thing I don't get is why the art path doesn't look for the texture in the correct folders. Is the poster doing something wrong? The reason I'm asking you like this is because I think this is the most common problem people have. If you can give me any help it would be great.

http://imgur.com/WeBb41g

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im working on the next release now.

Version 2.5 will dynamically react to how much light the player is in. Whenever the player is in a spooky dungeon or looking up at the night sky the overlay art will darken to match the environment. The overlays are reacting to any amount of light. Even on a sunny day, if you stand in the shade of a building or tree the overlays will still darken an amount. The amount of darkening is derived from Actor.GetLightLevel() Im still trying out different amounts to see what looks the best and testing what the average light levels are exactly.

Thanks to LordHaart93 for the light level idea.

Im working on the next release now.

Version 2.5 will dynamically react to how much light the player is in. Whenever the player is in a spooky dungeon or looking up at the night sky the overlay art will darken to match the environment. The overlays are reacting to any amount of light. Even on a sunny day, if you stand in the shade of a building or tree the overlays will still darken an amount. The amount of darkening is derived from Actor.GetLightLevel() Im still trying out different amounts to see what looks the best and testing what the average light levels are exactly.

Thanks to LordHaart93 for the light level idea.

This just keeps getting better and better :woot:

As far as my part goes, I've been going through the list of helmets with paths you sent me and I have to say, I'm slowly running out. About 90% are done and the last 10% will be in a couple of days. So... my question is what's the easiest way to get the paths of those that are not on the list, including mod added pieces. I know that I can just install the mod and check, but I'm not sure about those that are packed as .bsa file. Do I need to download and unpack these or is there an easier way to look inside for the folder structure? I don't really have a problem with it, just being curious.

Keep up the good work. You're making my week better and better :thumbsup:

Edited by megapolom

You keep adding features! Holy shiiii! I can't wait to get done and get to play with it on! :)

@ megapolom
You can click on the magnifying glass next to the name of the mod and it will show your the mod's zip/rar folder structure. For .bsa's, you'll have to download it and open it in BSAopt.

The fastest way would be Tes5Edit to look up the model path for armors.
You can also use the CK to browse the files like this. Select the plugins you want to view and then lookup the model paths.
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/Scrivener07/0A_DataVanilla.png

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/Scrivener07/1_ObjectWindow2.png

Edit: also Megapolom the list I gave you is incomplete. I wasnt very thorough when I made it.