Did i download a corrupted File of OBSE?

have GOTY edition (not pirated, got at wal-mart) and OBSE says i have to get the latest version of the game, but i DO have that version, do i just need to download a different version of OBSE or is there something wrong with my game?

If you haven't installed shivering isles and Knights of the nine from your second disc, then the game hasn't been patched up to the current version. I assume the version you installed is the latest version of OBSE, which requires the latest oblivion patch. Easy fix :)

If you installed one of the official free downloadable patches from Bethsoft before installing the second disk of the GOTY set. You must reinstall from scratch as the proper patch is on that second disk. And already having a patch can block it from installing properly. Once the game is patched you cannot go back without reinstalling. The patch included with the second disk of the GOTY is the only patch you will need.

Now, reinstalling may not be a bad idea - especially if you are using Vista or Win7 as installing to the default location will cause problems with mods.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

I installed disk 2 right after i installed disk 1, i'll check the article, if it doesn't help, then i might just reinstall the whole game but i'll get the patch before installing disk 2, hopefully this will make it work but i don't think any mods could conflict anything, the only 4 i got was version 1 of 28days later, then i got OBSE, which didn't work, i got OBMM, which did start up, but didn't do crap with 28days except let me use the scenario and give orders, then i got version 3 of 28days, and i did it without OBSE OR OBMM, a youtube video taught me, it worked better, the buildings actually got damage, and spooky weather came, some zombies came for awhile, i think it was 3 waves, but then they just stopped coming, i added more zombies, none came, so i think maybe i should just re download OBSE? i don't know if that's what's wrong, but i'll try that for the third thing Edited by Shadowdemon81

The retail Game of the Year that has two install disks does not require ANY of the Official Oblivion patches. You can install the Unofficial Oblivion patches if you chose, but when you install both disk one and disk two Oblivion is fully patched to version 1.2.0416 which is the latest version. If you try installing patches on top of the fully patched game you'll either get error messages or bork your game (not sure which, or both ... I haven't dared venture down that particular path).

OK, i have installed disk 2, right after i installed disk 1, then about 2 months later i got bored and wanted to get some mods, so i got OBSE but it's just messing up, i think i'll just do what Razorpony told me to, he's been trying to help me