Does It Really Matter What You Wear

Zapata935

I know Image is a great part of the game, to you yourself, but until the game programmers can distinguish, what you decide to don on your player, then none of it matters! For Example if you decide to put on say, a mythic dawn suit in their hide-out and no-one within the mythic dawn accepts that you are one of their own, then that is when the programme is useless! What is the bloody point. Reality is all about the images and senses thrown in front of our eyes, not the limitations of computer game programmers! Best Wishes Zapata935

I know Image is a great part of the game, to you yourself, but until the game programmers can distinguish, what you decide to don on your player, then none of it matters! For Example if you decide to put on say, a mythic dawn suit in their hide-out and no-one within the mythic dawn accepts that you are one of their own, then that is when the programme is useless! What is the bloody point. Reality is all about the images and senses thrown in front of our eyes, not the limitations of computer game programmers! Best Wishes Zapata935

Like running around town in Dark Brotherhood Robes and no one attacks you? :)

There are only two quests that I know of where what you wear matters. In one, Sanguine's Daedric shrine quest, it's more the value of what you are wearing more than what it looks like that matters. For the main quest Dagon Shrine quest what you are wearing at a certain point (or more accurately what you agree to wear) determines whether or not a certain faction is hostile to you or not.

When I first started playing I used to take my helmet off before going into a town or when I met a non-hostile on the road (I'm a permanent bound glitch junkie). After I'd forgot a couple of times I realized it didn't make diddly difference. Heck, the ladies can see right through my armor just fine ... "Look at the muscles on you!!".

Reality is all about the images and senses thrown in front of our eyes, not the limitations of computer game programmers!

Yes, reality has to do with senses and images, and your point would make sense if Oblivion was reality. Oblivion, however, isn't reality; it's a video game, and by your own admission, games have limits.

There's a thousand things in any RPG that could be done to make the game more "realistic", but it's impossible to do them all. If this one was included, you could always find more that would be missing. Regardless, there's tons of clothing recognition mods out there: for DB armour, for Mythic Dawn, Mages Guild, etc.

Try Ren's Disguise Mod.

There are only two quests that I know of where what you wear matters. In one, Sanguine's Daedric shrine quest, it's more the value of what you are wearing more than what it looks like that matters. For the main quest Dagon Shrine quest what you are wearing at a certain point (or more accurately what you agree to wear) determines whether or not a certain faction is hostile to you or not.

When I first started playing I used to take my helmet off before going into a town or when I met a non-hostile on the road (I'm a permanent bound glitch junkie). After I'd forgot a couple of times I realized it didn't make diddly difference. Heck, the ladies can see right through my armor just fine ... "Look at the muscles on you!!".

Ok, all read and understood, maybe I am asking too much. I just thought that it would take only a short script to re-arrange the faction, race, attitude modifiers, reacting to an attached nif file. Would it not be great though, if you could slip on any corresponding clothing and sneak in and cut the throats of those who trust you, just because you are dressed the same!

Sorry, I love this game so much, I do get carried away with it! Best Wishes Zapata935

Edited by Zapata935

There is a mod (whose name escapes me) that allows you to 'join' the legion if you're wearing scavenged legion armor. You even get a 'paycheck'. If I can find it again I'll post (or maybe someone ... err Telyn ... knows the mod I speak of).

Edit: Found it!! TRN One of the Gang

Additional edit: While reading through TRN's description I came across mention of Clothing Matters

Edited by Striker879