Any point in continue with our mod when Fallout 4 is on the way

istfire

Hello nexus!

I have been creating mods for myself for awhile now, minor tweeks a few major, quests, npcs, battles and things like this.

But lately i been working on a MAJOR quest mod, that is looking at atleast 1000 + custom dialoge voiced and more dialoge is still being written, but me and my team have been worried abit since this was to be our first mod on the nexus ever and we wanted to go in with a bang. But now that Fallout 4 is comming out some of us is getting the feeling that there is no point in continue with the mod and wait for Fallout 4 and made do something there.

Our hopes for the mod so far is to in the end land on:

1800 custom dialoge lines that are voiced
30+ hours of gameplay

What the Quest mod is about is abit of a secret BUT we are major fans of planescape torment, bioshock 1, for players who know these games we hope that it brings some insight into what the quest mod might be about. Free to specualate. The current progress of the mod is around 30%, currently voicing everything takes abit of time and i s*** you not one of my teammates computor went up in flames (No joke he is a idiot).

So is there a point in continue with the mod or is Fallout 4 the future and Fallout New Vegas will be forgoten in time ?

(We ask because we are not up to the date with the modding community or the community in anyway. We have basicly modded for ourself )

Edited by istfire

Yeah continue for sure. As stated unless Bethesda does something different the new Geck won't be out for awhile. People will continue to mod FNV as they do FO3 even when FO4 geck does come out. If you are proud of what you guys have done and worked this hard on it to this point, keep going! Show us that labor of love!

Looking forward to it,

Geoff

PS - I'm an idiot too. My PC 2 years ago kaplodedededed! :nuke:

You should continue because fallout 4s gecko won't come out till a year after the release

You have no evidence of that, there is no need to just make things up.

Todd Howard has clearly said early 2016.

Yeah because Todd Howard has never lied (Not trying to start an argument, but I just couldn't resist) :devil:

Mod the game that you enjoy modding for. If you are having a good time making a mod for New Vegas what does it matter if the crowd has moved on to Fallout 4? I'm in the process of updating one mod for Fallout 3 and building a second one now. I won't be finished with the second one for a good year. Will there be any wanderers left to play my mod? I don't know but it's something that I want to play myself and as long as I'm having fun building it, I will keep at it.

Sure, I have ideas I'd like to bring to life in FO4 as well but those are different mods. I don't know nearly enough about FO4 to know if my current project would even make sense there.

Since you claim to only be 30% done with your mod, and you say it is supposed to be totally massive in scope (30 hours is basically the entire storyline of most videogames) I honestly would not put that huge amount of work into something only a small fraction of people will play.

People will be moving over to the next generation of gaming, you will have at the very extreme minimum 1 person playing New Vegas to every 50 playing Fallout 4 mods.

Wouldn't you rather be the start of something new? Wouldn't you rather spend your time shaping the direction modding moves in this new world of opportunity as opposed to hopping on the tail end of something that is slowly going to die down to a very small niche market?

Having an early mod means potential, endless possibilities of expansion, blazing the trail that others will follow and be inspired by.

I would put my effort into converting anything you can from your 30% into a story that fits Fallout 4, and then focus on making something amazing for a new game, a mod that people will still be playing 3 years from now.

Mod the game that you enjoy modding for.

Good point. Personally I'm not a big fan of games developed by Bethesda, as I find the narrative and setting to be pretty dull and generic. I think there's a reason New Vegas has so many great quest and companion mods, as it's developed by Obsidian, so the game itself has a better narrative, story, factions, characters etc. It's only logical that it inspires more story heavy content.

I think people will still mod for New Vegas, and people will still turn to New Vegas for that sort of mods. Dunno for how long, but it's definitely worth finishing your mod, especially if you've already put a lot of work into it.

You should continue because fallout 4s gecko won't come out till a year after the release

You have no evidence of that, there is no need to just make things up.

Todd Howard has clearly said early 2016.

Yeah because Todd Howard has never lied (Not trying to start an argument, but I just couldn't resist) :devil:

I would take his word on his game over stuff the someone on an internet message board made up.