Lunch Recipes

LHammonds

Just thought I'd share a chili recipe I use for lunch once or twice a week. Feel free to share any lunch recipes that you have which are tasty!

LHammonds' Spicy Chili

Ingredients

• 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili - Mild, no beans
  • 1 jar of H.E.B. generic sliced jalapenos (this brand just tastes better to me).
  • 2 slices of cheese (your pick of brand but it needs to melt easy...don't want hard cheese or a stringy mess when eating)
  • 1 bag of Fritos - The original corn chips (going generic here would be a mistake but you can use whatever chips you like or none)

Required hardware

• Can opener
  • Empty bowl - must be suitable for microwaving
  • Spoon
  • Appetite

Cooking Instructions

1. Open can of chili and dump into a bowl
  2. Dice up an appropriate amount of jalapenos into small chunks (I use about 8 to 12 pieces)
  3. Add jalapeno bits to chili and mix
  4. Tear cheese slices in half a couple of times so they fit nicely in the bowl on top of the chili
  5. Place bowl in microwave oven and nuke it until cheese starts to melt or chili starts to bubble
  6. Remove bowl and stir cheese into the chili
  7. Repeat these last 2 steps until the cheese is completely melted and mixed with the chili. The color of the chili should lighten up a bit because of the cheese (also depends on what color the cheese is)
  8. At this point, you can treat it like a dip and use your chips to scoop it up or throw some Fritos and mix it up to make a Frito pie

Now that's my kind of a quick lunch recipe. Gotta try it. Thanks

SilverDNA's fabulous Bacon and Egg Ciabatta bread

(Or simply call it "Oh Yhear" or "Yhieeeepieee")

You need:

1 to 2 eggs

slices of bacon (as much as you seam fit, about 300 grams would be sufficient)

1 Ciabatta bread

lettuce leafs (not much)

4-5 slices of cucumber (or more if you like)

1 Mozzarella Cheese

Herb Remoulade

And pepper

aluminium foil (enough to wrap the bread and all ti contese in it)

a bit of oil for the pan (see below)

This is what you need to work with

Pan, Oven, and a butter knife, and a sharp knife this should be all you need

This how it is made:

- Oven preheat to 200° Celsius ( 392°F)

- Cut Chiabatta bread in 2 half's.

- Spread Remoulade on upper half ( thin please )

- On the lower put lettuce and Cucumber slices and Pepper them slightly as you seam fit.

- Cut Mozzarella cheese in small slices and place above the cucumber and lettuce layer

- Now fry bacon in pan and make fried egg(s) and place it on the Mozzarella layer (doesn't matter what comes 1st)

- Now place top (the one with the Remoulade on last layer and wrap in aluminium foil and place in oven for about 12 minutes in the middle.

Finished have a nice meal!

Optional: You may want to add some onion rings on the top of the bacon or the fried eggs if you like onions.

I hope now LHammonds gets good food on his plate

Edited by SilverDNA

SilverDNA's fabulous Bacon and Egg Ciabatta bread

(Or simply call it "Oh Yhear" or "Yhieeeepieee")

You need:

1 to 2 eggs

slices of bacon (as much as you seam fit, about 300 grams would be sufficient)

1 Ciabatta bread

lettuce leafs (not much)

4-5 slices of cucumber (or more if you like)

1 Mozzarella Cheese

Herb Remoulade

And pepper

aluminium foil (enough to wrap the bread and all ti contese in it)

a bit of oil for the pan (see below)

This is what you need to work with

Pan, Oven, and a butter knife, and a sharp knife this should be all you need

This how it is made:

- Oven preheat to 200° Celsius ( 392°F)

- Cut Chiabatta bread in 2 half's.

- Spread Remoulade on upper half ( thin please )

- On the lower put lettuce and Cucumber slices and Pepper them slightly as you seam fit.

- Cut Mozzarella cheese in small slices and place above the cucumber and lettuce layer

- Now fry bacon in pan and make fried egg(s) and place it on the Mozzarella layer (doesn't matter what comes 1st)

- Now place top (the one with the Remoulade on last layer and wrap in aluminium foil and place in oven for about 12 minutes in the middle.

Finished have a nice meal!

Optional: You may want to add some onion rings on the top of the bacon or the fried eggs if you like onions.

I hope now LHammonds gets good food on his plate

Well, Silver, yours sure does sound yummier, but his sounds easier. I guess I'll have to try them both. Yum!!!

Easy is for 5 days a week I have enough good recipes for those days but for the 2 days where I want to eat like an emperor I try out to make the best of those days and this is one recipe of them so you get the notion what I'm doing 2 days in a week ...

:thumbsup:

My recipe is done in about half an hour.

Oh and you might add some fresh tomatoes slices or exchange them for the cucumbers slices on the Ciabatta

I like my recipes variable sometimes...

Edited by SilverDNA

Looks like some delicious recipes.

Bben, the nice thing about lunch is that you get to have it every day...at least until the "last" day...which we are typically blessed by not knowing which day that is...so seize the day (and lunch)!

ub3rman123, it is still cookin. I am trying out new ideas to improve the experience. As with the Lost Paladins development, many things are tossed in, many things culled out and hopefully what is left is the creme.

Alonso's Lunch

Might be too complex.

Requirements :

1. A phone

2. A couch

3. Money

Directions :

1.Pick up the phone and dial your nearest pizza store.

2.Wait on your couch until the pizza arrives.

3.Pay the pizza man

4.Enjoy your meal !

This recipe isnt for everyone http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/happy.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pinch.gif

Happy modding LHammonds !

Edited by alonsomartinez

Cat's Brains

(There is a long and convoluted story behind why I call this that, if anybody wants to hear it, just say so.)

1. Fry a sliced onion
  2. Toast some toast
  3. Slather toast in marmite (mmmm, marmite)
  4. Pile on fried onions onto toast and spread out into an even layer
  5. Cover the toast-and-onions with sliced cheese
  6. Grill until bubbly

Yummy. Now I gotta go make some...