How Dual-Wield Will Affect Magic

KradenEPC

Yeah I'm definitely excited by all of the possibilities this brings.

Hopefully, dual-wielding in any one school of magic makes that school of magic completely viable on its own. Meaning, you can reasonably complete the game using only that school. Except mayyybbeeee alteration, since it doesn't currently have any spells that can really do damage.

The one negative i see in the new magic system is for bow or duel wielding stealth characters. It will be a huge hassle to have to switch from your illusion spells to the actual weapons, though I guess they could be hotkeyed with relative ease.

I wouldn't call it a negative as much. It would be just like Oblivion. Except now they give you an option to focus on magic or focus on weapons.

What would be great is being able to hotkey entire setups. armor, spells, and weapons. So you could easily switch from two spells to another set of two spells, to dual wielding daggers. Then again, having armor change too would be sort of dumb, I think. Randomly changing armor mid battle. (At least it looks better from the inventory.)

And being a bow wielder will be pretty difficult in Skyrim. Since arrows will be hard to come by anyway.

And being a bow wielder will be pretty difficult in Skyrim. Since arrows will be hard to come by anyway.

I completely agree with being able to switch both hands with one hotkey, that would make the whole proccess much slicker. And as to the arrows, I thought that fletching was going to be the "stealth" variant of the armorer skill

more than one summoned npc at a time would be really really cool to me especially if u cud spawn like an army of skeletons or sumthing and have them ditract the enemy while you sneak behind them with invisibility potion and BAM *neckslice* all of them haha

Maybe with Cure Poison/Disease they can "hold" it (the poison(s) or disease(s) they cured themselves of) and release into a ball or area on the ground? So they send the poison to the enemy. Which in turn could be used by eating poisonous ingredients and such?

Enchanting your weapon reminds me of Vivi and Steiner from FFIX lol. Nothing was better then Using Steiners blade with Ultima attached to it.

Which reminds me, I hope we have more potent enchantments this time around.

I hated having to download Sigil Stone mods just to get a decent enchantment. Even if I used a grand soul, I could only give one apparel enchantment, and the rest would go to my weapon. I don't think I could survive without Enchanting mods. o_O

Had an idea for Alteration dual-wielding

An Alteration lock spell in one hand opens Low-level locks; Alteration in both hands opens Mid/High-level locks

I can imagine being in a dungeon at a locked door. . .you can hear monsters on the other side; perhaps casting the one-handed version opens the lock eventually but the casting noise enrages the nearby monsters into attacking you via the disturbance, whereas using the two-handed open lock opens said lock immediately, giving you time to switch back to your weapon

Opening locked doors invites even more panic. . .when being chased; then you REALLY want to open doors quickly

Would keep me on the edge of my seat, for sure