Converting a PC to an NPC

juderodney

I was thinking of making my character into an npc and was wondering how to get the facial info from my save to do it. I followed the tutorial for making an RR vault companion so I know just about everything about it. I just need that last bit of info to get my PC's face going. Anybody know how?

Okay, your link is showing how to make an oblivion character in a fallout character, but is leaving me confused on how to move the face of a fallout pc into a fallout npc. I'm a bit confused, here. ><

I think you could just do this by doing...

player.placeatme player

This would copy your PC I think, you could then save.

It may show up in the GECK as a new NPC, and you could edit it from there.

I am not sure if the above works, I highly doubt it will but its worth a try.

Okay, your link is showing how to make an oblivion character in a fallout character, but is leaving me confused on how to move the face of a fallout pc into a fallout npc. I'm a bit confused, here. ><

It's essentially the same thing. The face exchanger displays a series of numerical values which represent your characters facegen data.

What you do with this is copy it onto your NPC's facegen entry in FO3Edit.

Backup your mod's .esp.

Download the linked file I gave you. Extract it. Run the application.

A window will appear asking you to browse/cancel/transfer.

Click on browse and select the save file you want the facegen data from. (For me, XP, it's in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3/Saves)

Then click Transfer. 3 rows of letters/numbers will be generated, the face gen data you need.

Now start up FO3Edit and load ONLY Fallout3.esm and your companion mod .esp. (As well as any other files that it might have as masters)

WAIT until it's done loading. It typically takes ages.

On the left you should see a list of the .esms/.esps that you've loaded with "+" next to them. Click on the "+" next to your mods name to expand it.

Scroll down to Non-Player Character, expand that and look for your Companion's entry. Click on it.

To the right info will be displayed about this NPC in various vertical columns, each column representing one of the .esps or .esms you've just loaded.

Chances are, your NPC doesn't appear under the Fallout3.esm column so scroll to the right until you see the column headed with the name of your mod.

Now scroll down until you see the category titled Facegen Data. This will have 3 subcategories corresponding to the 3 rows of letters/numbers that Facegen Exchanger generated for you.

Copy the top row of values from facegen exchanger.

Then right click on the top row of values (Geometry Symmetric) in your mods column in Fo3Edit. Click Edit.

A message will appear asking for confirmation. Give it.

Now paste what you just copied into the new window that appears and click OK.

Do the same for the other 2 entries.

To save it, just close FO3Edit and it'll ask you do you want to save your changes.

One point is to make sure that the entries you are editing are in the column corresponding to your companion.esp and not fallout3.esm, BrokenSteel.esm or another mod entirely. FO3Edit won't let you edit .esms AFAIK.

Another point is that if the savegame you are copying is of a different Race than the NPC you are pasting the face gen onto then the NPC'S face will not look exactly like the original. So make sure your NPC is the same race as your save game.