Mod Saving(Construction Set)

ninjamedic

which part is confusing?

The part where you say the CS won't let you save because you have open dialog boxes, yet you managed to save but don't know how you did it. If there are open dialog boxes, the CS will not let you save... period.

Before you start the CS, right click it and click "Run as Administrator." I'm not sure that will fix the problem, but usually it creates numerous problems if you don't run it as an administrator. Also it never hurts to resize windows to look for stray dialogue boxes open.

I think it might help to know what exactly a dialog box will look like and what they are are, 'cause I don't know anything about them except that you can't save when they are open. Edited by ninjamedic

I think it might help to know what exactly a dialog box will look like and what they are are, 'cause I don't know anything about them except that you can't save when they are open.

As far as the CS is concerned, anything that is not the Object window, the Render window or the Cell View window is considered a dialog box. Everything except those three must be closed before saving.

I think it might help to know what exactly a dialog box will look like and what they are are, 'cause I don't know anything about them except that you can't save when they are open.

As far as the CS is concerned, anything that is not the Object window, the Render window or the Cell View window is considered a dialog box. Everything except those three must be closed before saving.

Ohhhh ok. ...I never have any thing but those three windows open when I'm trying to save.

Ohhhh ok. ...I never have any thing but those three windows open when I'm trying to save.

Remember that it is VERY easy for windows to get hidden behind others in the CS. However, try this. Make sure that the Contruction Set is closed (important). Now go to \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ and delete ConstructionSet.ini . Once you have done that, re-open the CS and try again.

If you're still having this problem try using the 'Open Windows' to see if the CS finds any open. In the CS menu bar at the top click 'View' then 'Open Windows...' and see what the Open Windows dialog reports. On mine if I have for example the Script Edit ('Gameplay' then 'Edit Scripts...') open but haven't tried opening a script to edit nothing shows in the Open Windows dialog. Same thing after I've loaded a script, but if I check while the 'Select Form' dialog is open (where you select a script to edit) then the Open Window dialog lists Dialog box (0006091A) "Select Form". If I do the same thing with 'Idle Animations' open then the Open Window dialog lists Dialog box (00090912) "Idle Animations" with details on what is the active selection in the Idle Animations dialog. My caveat here is that although the Open Windows dialog may help find out if you have an open dialog when you're trying to save, it is possible to have some open windows that are not reported. If I have the Script Edit window open and hidden behind the Object and Cell windows I can minimize them from the View menu and see what's behind them (for windows that Open Window doesn't report).

Remember that it is VERY easy for windows to get hidden behind others in the CS. However, try this. Make sure that the Contruction Set is closed (important). Now go to \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ and delete ConstructionSet.ini . Once you have done that, re-open the CS and try again.

I did that and didn't see ConstructionSet.ini

You probably have file extensions hidden in Windows Explorer, in which case you will only see a document called ConstructionSet. To turn on file extensions open Windows Explorer and go to Tools \ Folder Options \ View and UNCHECK 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

• 2 weeks later...

You probably have file extensions hidden in Windows Explorer, in which case you will only see a document called ConstructionSet. To turn on file extensions open Windows Explorer and go to Tools \ Folder Options \ View and UNCHECK 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

:O Oblivion is launching but it isn't going to let me play it. Every time I click Play on the Oblivion launcher thing it keeps going back to the desktop and quitting Oblivion.