The best RTS/ civilization games

Pyrosocial

So I'm looking to get a few new RTS and civilization games for my rig, and figured I would make this a thread for people to post good civilization games with a military aspect to them on here. So far the best ones I have come across are shogun 2 and age of empires 3. Know any others?

There's a Russian made one called Elven Legacy that's worth a look in the RTS category. And (slightly retro) Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossfire was always fun.

ahh... EA has lots... the anervercy edit, cnc3 gold edit,red alert3, ahh also

surpreamcommander series, starcraft(boath 1 and 2), warhammer40k: dawn of war 1&2(retrobution has been releaced... yay lil puney riflemensquads being eaten alive by chaos legon deamons)... corese there a wholew boat load of mods/ overlays such as CNC contra(rushen... makes the game overpowered... like one particklur super... wipes out half the map).. as well as mods such as the forgotten

I know it's mythical, but it's historical, as well...Age of Mythology. My favorite RTS of all time. :biggrin:

Age of Empires 3 is awesome, too. But I have to say AoM is better. It's by the same people, but involves Ancient Greek, Norse, and Egyptian cultures.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

I like Battle for Middle Earth 2. The original had a number of design ansd balnace issue,s but the sequel fgot more of those fixe.ld

Ag eof MYthology has fot to b e my favorite too. Ijnteresting campaign plot an de a lot of fu ntio do skirmishes.

If you're looking for a really good RTS game, you definitely should try the first game in the Rise of Nations series! It can be a bit out of date (2003), but it is for sure one of the best games I've ever played! :thumbsup: It has everything a good RTS game should have, and more! :biggrin: