NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

Add Squashy to the "TL;DR" list here.. :wallbash:

As a long time user of NMM, Squashy just thought,"OK, another 'bug-fix'." and went ahead and updated.

Now, with 374 mods in NMM list, having had 276 actually enabled, and 246 of those being plugins... :ohmy:

Not to mention not having backed up the Load Order, (which LOOT will attempt to correct, with poor results :pinch: )

Yup! As a Supporter and Purporter of 'RTFM', Squashy really missed the boat..maybe even the dock, this time! :facepalm:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't know what everyone is getting in a huff over, I have probably one of the oldest systems running Vista 32-bit.

And the revert back to 56.1 went off without a hitch, all my mods function like they should and no problems.

When i get Windows 10 and FO4, then i will DL the newest version of NMM, I'm glad that these people take the time to bring us a decent mod manager.

"No hay mal que por bien no venga" as they said in Spain.

Like others, I've got this little misadventure but I was able to reinstall my mods without problem. Actually, it helped me to correct 1 or 2 things in my install ^^

In response to post #28775919.

Squashnoggin wrote:

Add Squashy to the "TL;DR" list here.. :wallbash:

As a long time user of NMM, Squashy just thought,"OK, another 'bug-fix'." and went ahead and updated.

Now, with 374 mods in NMM list, having had 276 actually enabled, and 246 of those being plugins... :ohmy:

Not to mention not having backed up the Load Order, (which LOOT will attempt to correct, with poor results :pinch: )

Yup! As a Supporter and Purporter of 'RTFM', Squashy really missed the boat..maybe even the dock, this time! :facepalm:

If anything went wrong with the migration process, and you're using 0.60.3, then please go in the Tools menu and try the Restore Backup Profile option, enable it and see what happens.

Should you have any more issues please use the proper forum section to report any bug, mod unable to install, whatever: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=tracker&showproject=3

Also, nothing is lost, NMM makes a backup of your current installation before migrating it, so in a way or another you will be able to get back to it, you just need to ask for help in the proper section should you need it. Edited by DuskDweller

Great update overall! I love the new profiling feature, and the fact that when you install an update to a mod or another part of it, it no longer gives you the "A new version of this blah-blah was detcted-want to install it separately" where you said no to it. It took a few hours to get used to the new features, but i overall love it! Great work guys!

I read the warnings during the updade and I was ready to face some minor bugs, some installation problems and all that. But the amount of errors that showed up on LOOT is absurd. Over 20 missing esps and esms.

So all I need to do is reinstall some mods using NMM, right? Wrong. The installation process is bugged and mod compatibility was shot to hell. The damage is so big that a simple clean install will not do it. I need to redownload some mods and do a manual install or use some other program to replace NMM.

This is a disaster. The update is a disaster and the post is a disaster.

Your MODERATOR commenting that "I bet the people who didn't bother to READ the bright RED warning are the same people that have several extra tool bars installed on their browser and wonder where they came from as well." is simply shameful. I don't even have the words. Is that what Nexus is? A bunch of "I know better" guys stomping on less savvy computer geeks?

I am truly disappointed. And it's clear a lot of people is too.

You can ignore me all you want, say that it's our fault 'cause we are too ignorant, but you should really take a moment to reevaluate some things around here.

Bug Report: If you 'pause' a download, (since the Time of Day makes the Dl speed 106kb/s .. :pinch: ) , NMM FREEZES!

Thought you'd like to know.

Edited by Squashnoggin

I dont get why I was forced to either remove my mods or REINSTALL them.

YOU SHOULD REALIZE that NMM IS ALSO USED FOR NON NEXUS MODS, this screwed up quite a bit of my mods and im in a major screw up to get the game running now.

f*#@ing FNIS was also "updated" which you were not supposed to and some mods are apparently "missing" even though everything is installed.

Add me to the list of people who are not (and will likely never be) interested in "mod profiles." It has been said before by others and I'll say it again on my own behalf: I use NMM for the simplicity and ease of use and the ability to alter my own installation manually if I want to do something that NMM doesn't do out of the box. If I wanted this "feature" I'd have been using Mod Organizer long since. And given my extremely long installed/activated mod list, it looks like I will be using 56.1 until they turn out the lights and shut the doors. I'm just happy that I didn't update before reading this post and the comments.

Well I must say the promoters of MO must be quite pleased. NMM has definitely given them a boost in numbers after this, I'm actually not sure what to call it, disaster maybe? I have been a long time user of nmm mostly for it's simplicity and ease of use. This update royally screwed my games and I am not going to waste my time scratching my head and trying to learn how to make it work. It's broken and I am downloading MO as I type and will happily learn to use it without shedding a tear.