NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28780579.

Crimsonhawk87 wrote: I had to disable and then enable 200 mods....took time and was frustrating, BUT I didn't lose any and was able to get my game back to working order. It's running fine now....I even had to re-install the latest SKSE because the scripts were no longer compatible, so it wasn't a smooth transition, but I'll be ready for FO4 when it comes out. Now.....is there a tutorial on how to make and switch Profiles somewhere? My 10 yr old wants to play Skyrim, but no way in hell is he playing Daddy's version...:0

I just happened to peek in and saw that last statement. lol. I am in the process of reinstalling everything because some mods didn't reinstall correctly and its about time anyway. I am not 100% but there should be a help drop down menu in the top of NMM that may have that information in there. Also the nexus wiki is another option to check about their profile switching.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, and here I thought I might have been the only one that had the problems after the update. LOOT notified me that a few esp.'s and mods where missing, so I reinstalled those mods(like Enhanced Lights, Inconsequential NPC's and it's WIC patch, Race Compatibility, LIAT, Immersive Wenches, Realistic Room Rental, and quite a few more) . I blame myself for not taking screenshots of the load list, but my haste was caused by frustration. I started Skyrim up again to realize that in actuality rather large number of mods that I was using were missing, even when NMM displays that it is enabled (like Enhanced Character Edit). I'm in the process of doing a fresh reinstall of Skyrim anyways, and the NMM tracelog will help me know exactly which mods I used, since I wanted to update some of the newer versions of the mods I was using. Hey I know the folks that are further developing/tweaking NMM are trying their hardest, and while I am upset that I'm back at the ol' rebuilding-my-Skyrim-from-scratch drawing board, I can say it's a bit unfair to blame this all on NMM and it's support team. Beta testing, tweaking, and progressive product development for optimal product performance and user/client satisfaction is a win-some-loose-some ordeal. I'm sure when this storm blows over NMM will still be a great tool for mod users, if not better. Just give them some time.

I have a feeling I know the answer to this (and it may be answered elsewhere) but is there any chance that there could be an option to install mods directly to a games folder at some point? Honestly I haven't tried the newer versions of NMM because I don't want profiling, so this option may already exist, but if not could it be added?

The reason I ask this is because I manually install most mods, but I still use NMM to sort my plugins and to install mods that use scripted installers. Manually installing mods with scripted installers is a hassle, and I was always grateful to have NMM to do it for me.

In response to post #28777289. #28779704, #28780084 are all replies on the same post.

gmrf wrote: I read the warnings during the updade and I was ready to face some minor bugs, some installation problems and all that. But the amount of errors that showed up on LOOT is absurd. Over 20 missing esps and esms.

So all I need to do is reinstall some mods using NMM, right? Wrong. The installation process is bugged and mod compatibility was shot to hell. The damage is so big that a simple clean install will not do it. I need to redownload some mods and do a manual install or use some other program to replace NMM.

This is a disaster. The update is a disaster and the post is a disaster.

Your MODERATOR commenting that "I bet the people who didn't bother to READ the bright RED warning are the same people that have several extra tool bars installed on their browser and wonder where they came from as well." is simply shameful. I don't even have the words. Is that what Nexus is? A bunch of "I know better" guys stomping on less savvy computer geeks?

I am truly disappointed. And it's clear a lot of people is too.
You can ignore me all you want, say that it's our fault 'cause we are too ignorant, but you should really take a moment to reevaluate some things around here.
calfurius wrote: I'm going to have to agree on that count. A certain moderator isn't really acting in a professional manner as befitting his job. Consumer based software is about making it simple enough so that regular people can use it without much hassle. If people ARE having a hassle with it, that's on the fault of the designer/coder, not on the consumer.
Dark0ne wrote: The issue for us is that, instead of people providing us with meaningful bug reports in our bug tracker, like we asked for repeatedly so we can actually fix the issue, they've instead decided to come on to the forums/this thread to verbally insult us and, on multiple occasions, told us to go kill ourselves. Frankly, I don't care about the personal insults, but when they start coming out, I'm not going to start treating people like princesses. And the worst part is, they don't even give us the bug report that would actually help us to fix the issue in between all the personal insults thrown at us. I'm not here to do PR and treat everyone like unique snowflakes. No one on the team is.

This is an open beta. Every time you start NMM the word "Beta" is written in BIG font. We released an alpha of our profiling build 8 months ago, in January. In that time, 40,000 people used a build very similar to this one. They reported all the bugs they could find and we fixed them, with 9 updates to that alpha. Since the last update to the alpha we've had no reports of any further issues and all our internal testing couldn't bring up any more issues either. The only thing we can do after that is release it in to the public beta. People are acting like we knew there were issues and decided to release it anyway, with a big middle finger and an up yours to all our user base. Frankly, that's insulting.

Yes, there's been problems. Instead of people doing what you do in a beta test when there's a problem, which is actually provide us with meaningful bug reports that would help us to narrow down the problem and help us fix it, they've resorted to coming here and spewing hate and vile all over the place. You can be upset, I don't mind if you throw some hate out, let it out of your system, I don't mind, I've been doing this for 14 years and seen far worse. But once you've got it out, actually help out your fellow mod users by giving us the damn report that would help us fix this issue for everyone.

Out of all the people that have come in to this news post and said this update hasn't worked out for them, less than 4% of them have posted in our bug tracker to actually help us fix it. That is extremely telling of the people we're dealing with.

So sure, it's a PR nightmare and doesn't reflect greatly on us. But frankly, with users like this, there's no drive for us to be nice back. And when I'm being told by someone to kill myself...nah. Just nah.

Well, we can certainly agree that this is a PR nightmare. And I'm truly sorry for some of the things people said to you and the team, I will not try to defend or justify them, but that's no excuse.

They are wrong, but you say you have over 14 years of experience, right? I have a bit less then 10 in my area, that is far away from the internet and computers in general (thank the Nine!), so I do have some experience dealing with the general public. I've spent days listening to people screaming and cursing me, my team, and the people I work with. Saying that I did something wrong when I didn't or that I acted on some vile way on purpose. I understand your pain, I've felt something similar countless times. In my area we are told, and taught, to deal with it. The way you people are acting is not helpful.

I'm sorry to pile on, this is hardy what you want to hear right now, but it's the truth. The user behavior may be the worst thing humanity has to offer, but your response needs to be better. You posture needs to be better.

On a mea culpa side note, I'm among those that did not post a bug report, as I'm sure you can verify. I will be composing one ASAP. My level of participation is the nexus forums is low, to say the least, so I'm not really used to do those things here. My bad.

Once more, please, rise above.

Okay noob question here, where do i reinstall the last version of NMM? I cant seem to get the new one to work so I just want to go back to the old one. Not saying anything negative, I dont know much about how these things work so yeah, where can I get the old one?

I have deleted skyrim and will install it again when i have the time since it wont work after the update but is only logical since i was running 200+ mods. The update process was long (5 hours) but completed successfully in one try. The problem i ran into was when trying to run fnis after the update but was only the first one i found so i will save myself some time and reinstall a cleaner version of the game next week if i have the time. The only advice i can give is if someone has heavily modded version of the game to think twice before updating. Will send any bug report i can after the fresh install.

In response to post #28782459.

Lizzrdd wrote: Okay noob question here, where do i reinstall the last version of NMM? I cant seem to get the new one to work so I just want to go back to the old one. Not saying anything negative, I dont know much about how these things work so yeah, where can I get the old one?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

Well, it is not a PR problem. The update process actually breaks some very popular mods so user resentment is to be expected when their games simply stop opening. Especially when there is almost no helpful information about how to fix the crashing games.

In response to post #28778574.

Arcturus7777 wrote:

In response to post #28760444.

Naznaczony wrote: Damn after installation my mods stop working, now i need to reinstal whole game with all mods thank you.

It said right in the bright bold "PLEASE READ" section that it would uninstall, and then reinstall all of your mods. That should be a red flag if you have a touchy setup.

It DID NOT say that when I started NMM today and it asked me to update? It was AFTER it erased my old NMM that I found out I was totally messed up. Hitting cancel, and now with no mod manager.

There should of been some warning. I have 221 mods installed and working. I do not want to try and uninstall and reinstall them during a play thru.

SO, where is the latest old version, OR do I need to go to MO or trick FOMM into doing skyrim?

If you haven't interacted with the process yet (i.e. you clicked "Cancel" instead of "Yes" or "No") then all you need to do is reinstall the previous version of NMM you had, and no changes will have been made.

WHERE IS NMM THE PREVIOUS VERSION. I DID NOT SAVE IT ON MY COMPUTER