NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

it is going sooo slow and i only have 32 mods active i couldve uninstalled them 1000 times by now

-i cant get this thing to work its been uninstalling the same mod for 3 hours and the reverting advice onyl works if i can actually use the interface but i cant since its trying to migrate but seems to be going no where i dread installing fnv mods i have 3 times as many think i'll move them all to fomm

Edited by mrchaos500

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28783469. #28783584 is also a reply to the same post.

prinyo wrote:

I really don't understand how this is difficult.

Well, let's see. The NMM upgrade breaks SOS so all schlongified games will crash.

It also breaks CBBE which is preferred by the HDT users and HDT is used by lots of mods.

We can assume that everybody with adult mods will face a crashing Skyrim after the NMM update.

abeautifulcat wrote: I can install CBBE just fine though, along with all my other mods, 250+.

Yes among other things including FNIS.......

I'd just like to add, as I disagreed with this update early in the thread...people need to grow up.

They also apparantly need to learn to read.

I'm sorry for what the staff here is having to deal with in this rabble.

My position on this is it could have been handled smoother and I hope that you guys will support 0.56.1 for a good long while before making the rest of us commit to upgrading. People who are upset beyond that, IMO, only have themselves to blame. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Zeridian

In response to post #28783004. #28784604 is also a reply to the same post.

dptheslothking wrote: I really don't understand how this is difficult. I jumped on the NMM alpha train when it first arrived on the nexus and personally never had any issues with it (therefore didn't report bugs). I have hundreds of mods installed and delicate way of setting up my textures yet still didn't run into problems.

I was even able to copy/paste my mods and folders to set up NMM alpha on a newly built computer so I wouldn't have to re-download and re-order my mods. Went smoothly.

For this update, I just uninstalled all mods and manually re-installed them like when I first set up NMM alpha. It's easier this way and faster since I knew exactly how to set up my game (took about an hour and a half tops).

Anyhow thank you for the great work on NMM, I personally like the UI as it is now and primarily use it for it's simplicity/aesthetic compared to say MO's god awful colors and design. People don't like change, that's their problem. There was ample time (months) to prepare for this.
Lizzrdd wrote: Because the rest of the world doesnt really know how to do these kind of things correctly. Because most of the time when these things are updated and remade, developers and people like you dont really explain how to do this.
Because most of the developers ASSUME everyone is like you and dont need any kind of install/update list.

I'm not a rocket scientist, I learn most things by...trying new things. No one guided me or held my hand. If people really can't get this right, then they should ask questions, report bugs in the proper bug tracking section and or roll back to the old version of NMM until issues are resolved. This was not a smooth launch at all but again, people had months to learn about this and try out the alpha. It was a known thing that this would replace the old NMM once it was ready for public beta.

I hope you get yours up and running and hopefully a big youtuber like Gopher or whatever will make a video to help people who are having issues. I'd do it if I had the time and ran into more issues.

In response to post #28783004. #28784604, #28784959 are all replies on the same post.

dptheslothking wrote: I really don't understand how this is difficult. I jumped on the NMM alpha train when it first arrived on the nexus and personally never had any issues with it (therefore didn't report bugs). I have hundreds of mods installed and delicate way of setting up my textures yet still didn't run into problems.

I was even able to copy/paste my mods and folders to set up NMM alpha on a newly built computer so I wouldn't have to re-download and re-order my mods. Went smoothly.

For this update, I just uninstalled all mods and manually re-installed them like when I first set up NMM alpha. It's easier this way and faster since I knew exactly how to set up my game (took about an hour and a half tops).

Anyhow thank you for the great work on NMM, I personally like the UI as it is now and primarily use it for it's simplicity/aesthetic compared to say MO's god awful colors and design. People don't like change, that's their problem. There was ample time (months) to prepare for this.
Lizzrdd wrote: Because the rest of the world doesnt really know how to do these kind of things correctly. Because most of the time when these things are updated and remade, developers and people like you dont really explain how to do this.
Because most of the developers ASSUME everyone is like you and dont need any kind of install/update list.
dptheslothking wrote: I'm not a rocket scientist, I learn most things by...trying new things. No one guided me or held my hand. If people really can't get this right, then they should ask questions, report bugs in the proper bug tracking section and or roll back to the old version of NMM until issues are resolved. This was not a smooth launch at all but again, people had months to learn about this and try out the alpha. It was a known thing that this would replace the old NMM once it was ready for public beta.

I hope you get yours up and running and hopefully a big youtuber like Gopher or whatever will make a video to help people who are having issues. I'd do it if I had the time and ran into more issues.

Not implying anything here by....being arrogant and assuming that people dont try new things, but to just say this isnt difficult doesnt really explain anything. No one is asking anyone to hold hands here, I certainly didnt. And if that is what an install list is considered to be "holding your hand" then therein lies the problem. How can anyone ask for help when this is the attitude of said individual being asked for help???
And no this was not known that this would be a game breaking change to NMM. And no rocket science has little to do with modding a video game. Edited by Lizzrdd

In response to post #28785609.

WoodrowWaffles wrote: Updating now...but how will this work if I ALREADY had multiple skyrim mod profiles thanks to this amazing utility http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29307/?
????

I mean, do I need to repeat this process for each set of mods i have, and how would i even go about migrating the profiles from Multiple Skyrim Installations Manager to NMM ? would i need to delete it and redo everything in NMM?

In response to post #28783004. #28784604, #28784959, #28785164 are all replies on the same post.

dptheslothking wrote: I'm not a rocket scientist, I learn most things by...trying new things. No one guided me or held my hand. If people really can't get this right, then they should ask questions, report bugs in the proper bug tracking section and or roll back to the old version of NMM until issues are resolved. This was not a smooth launch at all but again, people had months to learn about this and try out the alpha. It was a known thing that this would replace the old NMM once it was ready for public beta.

Lizzrdd wrote: Not implying anything here by....being arrogant and assuming that people dont try new things, but to just say this isnt difficult doesnt really explain anything. No one is asking anyone to hold hands here, I certainly didnt. And if that is what an install list is considered to be "holding your hand" then therein lies the problem. How can anyone ask for help when this is the attitude of said individual being asked for help???
And no this was not known that this would be a game breaking change to NMM. And no rocket science has little to do with modding a video game.

It was just a figure of speech, not sure why you are so sensitive. My point was that I didn't know these things either and everyone has to learn somehow. I learned by trial and error and or reading documentation that was available to me (and you). Implying is not the same as actually saying something, I never said people don't try new things but that's besides the point. I didn't say ask me for help either, and you seem to be generalizing based on your interaction with me. There are far better people out there who would be glad to try to help you if you just tried instead of complaining here.

What I suggest, is figuring out the problem by trying out new solutions on your own or asking for help from other people. Report any bugs through the proper channels and or roll back to the old NMM and game on. Getting upset over something silly like this is a waste of time. If you were offended, I apologize, it was never the intention. Best of luck.

In response to post #28785559.

dovakin91x wrote: Where can i download the previous version? 0.56.1 version

indeed this may work with lightning fast computers but not mine it is on its last legs and it cant even uninstall my 32 active mods in the time it wouldve taken me to manualing uninstall now i appreciate progress and all the devs hard work and unexpected errors happen.
but until the bugs are ironed out i would like to go back to 56.1 the method described won't work because i cant click on tools or anything in the nmm while its trying to uninstall the mods Edited by mrchaos500