NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... It works but it doesnt seem to quite grasp shared folder structure. What I mean by this, and I will use Bodyslide as an example, is that if a mod is tied to another mod (a patch or addition or whatever) the current NMM wont see that and just isolates the mods. For Bodyslide this means that armor mods relying on Bodyslide doesnt have its Shapedata and such placed in the Bodyslide mod Shapedata folder.

This can easily apply to a host of other mods that add or tweak or patch other mods. Maybe I have missed something and if so it would be nice if you could point me to the functionality of this.

I do understand people being upset and I think there is some work still to be done with this new direction of NMM.

In the message that says that there is a new version there is this same link http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/ that goes to a forum post.

It seems the post was edited, but the date stays January. When I saw it last night I assumed it is a broken link or that no change log actually exists and closed it without even reading it.

It is confusing.

Also that same post could be updated with more relevant warning than the "5 minutes to spare".

(For example for me with 195 mods it took a bit more than an hour on a very powerful PC.)

The main point is - tell people what to expect before(!) they upgrade and not make them downgrade after that.

Honestly I have used NMM for years and I thanks all your staff for making it. But as I have noticed this version was uninstalling ALL my mods for it's needs and that's is not good for me as I have spent days to install with the correct order and making fixes to my Skyrim game. Thanks god I have make a whole old NMM and Skyrim Backup so I just deleted last NMM version and folders and restored the backup. I honestly don't know how this new version are working but if it mess up with all my mods deinstalling them and mess up my modded game I'm NOT gonna using it and keep old 56 version. Edited by toonamove

In response to post #28788239.

JayAugustinVerner wrote: For some reason FOMOD install scripts not working. At all. It's seems like NMM just dump everything into data folder.

If you want to change the options for scripted installers you need to uninstall them:
Uninstall is no longer achieved by double-clicking on a mod (that will just disable it, thus removing their link to the game's Data folder).
To uninstall a mod you need to right-click on it and select one of the 2 Uninstall options.
Now, if you reinstall it you'll get the usual scripted installer menus.

In response to post #28788114.

Evallyn wrote: Well... It works but it doesnt seem to quite grasp shared folder structure. What I mean by this, and I will use Bodyslide as an example, is that if a mod is tied to another mod (a patch or addition or whatever) the current NMM wont see that and just isolates the mods. For Bodyslide this means that armor mods relying on Bodyslide doesnt have its Shapedata and such placed in the Bodyslide mod Shapedata folder.

This can easily apply to a host of other mods that add or tweak or patch other mods. Maybe I have missed something and if so it would be nice if you could point me to the functionality of this.

I do understand people being upset and I think there is some work still to be done with this new direction of NMM.

If you think there are issues with bodyslide and the new NMM can you please open a bug report here so we can keep track of it:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/project-3-mod-manager-open-beta/

In response to post #28786254. #28786739, #28787799 are all replies on the same post.

ds777 wrote: I'm SO pissed! I dloaded this when I started NMM cause I wanted to check my load order fast. Was like cool an updarte and clicked dload like an idiot. Now my game is fubar! Not only is this interupting my game time, but I had customized several of my mods! I don't want to freaking reinstall all of them now, and I don't remember all the ones I made changes to!! OMG, I had everything set up just right to start another play through with different mods and this just totally screws me over.

Holy cray you need to put some sort of warning to people who go to update and don't want to deal with this crap!! Oh man!!! thanks for ruining my night AND my game I spent a week on trying to set up just right!!!! You NMM team need to get it together and not ruin peoples games with out them knowing what they are dloading!!!!!! I get you need to update but people like me who don't care or are in the middle of playing the game shouldn't have to go through this crap!!

Give people some friggin warning that they are about to reinstall all thier mods before dloading this patch when the get asked if they want to dload it!!!!! Like I siad I had made custom changes to several mods and now I'll have to redo them all over again if I can remember what ones I changed.

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I lost all repect for you guys this is complete BS!!!

Thanks again for ruining my game and my night!
Robanus wrote: I'm just going to give the exact same reply as before.

As has been stated countless times in this thread already: there is a huge red warning during the update process. The NMM is beta software and updates are bound to contain changes. No offence, but your argument is void.
kashif101 wrote: you can download 0.56.1, go to the download page here and at the bottom, click spoilers. Thanks to prinyo for finding this.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

I agree, sure there's a warning but there should be an option to not have to go through a full reinstall process for those of us who only do 1 playthrough at a time.

Yeah about the same here, thanks god I ALWAYS make a backup of NMM and Skyrim folders before do anything, so I just uninstalled new version, deleted folder of game and nmm and reistalled old 56.1 then copy the backupped folders.

I agree with ds777 aside there's warning for it peoples had to know BEFORE downloading it and totally mess up their games. I have spent weeks to fix up and mod up my game and near to lose everything for just updating NMM as I have always trusted you guys on all previous versions of it.

So I don not blame you alls but surely I'm really pissed about this damn "mistake" about last version of NMM. Edited by toonamove

Ufff... I'm glad that I have read the announcement/warning during updating of NMM carefully and that red lamp turned on in my mind, which made me come here and read comments. It just saved me from cursing entire day trying to make my game work, forced to reinstall 124 mods if I updated NMM to 0.60.3. Keeping in mind that I reinstalled entire game a day ago to get rid off bugs, which caused CTD very often.

So yeah. I am not going to update NMM to 0.60.3, because I'm sure that all problems won't be fixed owing to the fact we use different mods, some affects core of the game more, some less, some of them are not available on Nexus. It will be a pain to track all bugs down. I'm not interested in profiles either. Maybe I would give it a try with Fallout 4.

Good luck Nexus Team with fixing NMM :)

Have a nice day.

Edited by Kandahar