Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Thank you NMM, for such a great service. I have not download the new update, and will probably hold out for a little while.

Assuming that these suggestions have not already been voiced and incorporated, I have a number of suggestions to make.

1. As one of the columns (or is it rows, I forget) please mention the file size of each mod. This will help users differentiate between main mods, updates, and also help them keep their game folder at a certain size if they are short on space (SSD users)

2. In the right click context menu (on each mod) please add "Open" and "Show in explorer." This will help users looking to find out which files a mod contains, work out what updates change, and see how many esp/esm's a mod has. I know for one that my plugin count is quite high.

3. This is my main one. Please allow users, to show only outdated mods, and filter that list to skip any mod of which the user has at least one up to date file of. This will allow users to quickly and painlessly update their mods, and allow for users who download the update files, instead of redownloading the entire file.

Thank you, both for the service and in advance of these suggestions. I hope to see these features implemented in a version of NMM soon.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accepted the update while I was not aware of what it would do, but it went well for me. Just had to go through TES5edit and remove some files from Males of Skyrim, but this was the only trouble that I had. Everything else went well... But probably that's because I only have less than 20 mods installed. Just felt that I would need to give a feedback, since it's a beta....:P

I don't like the new version. I don't want to reinstall, there are only problems ...

I have 150 installed mod..

So thanks for bad news, perhaps it's time to stop using NMM

Edited by aero64

In response to post #28838444. #28842869 is also a reply to the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

You know what might help? Allowing multiple installs of NMM.

So I could keep the game I'm currently modding in .56.1 and move all my other NMM compatible games to the new system.

FireOogle wrote: that's what I shall attempt to do when FO4 comes out ... well assuming beth don't have some super invasive restrict mod manager that must be used or your computer explodes

If I could install NMM 0.60 alongside the 0.56 version and then only migrate specific games over to the new setup, gradually, I'd be a lot keener to try out 0.60.

i wasn't expecting to reinstall skyrim and all my mods, just because the nmm updated. after many, many hours, i got my skyrim working again. it feels very buggy, as you will always get stuff left behind in your saves (no matter how careful you are). i have a friend who is in the process of reinstalling his skyrim as it ruined his installation. it is a shame this has happened, and a tad annoying, as i like the nexus site for the brilliant mods that it hosts. Users cannot be blamed solely for their installations being ruined. When the new nmm uninstalled and reinstalled my mods, it left out vital esm files eg climates of tamriel.esm and ETaC.esm. As you know, it is not a case of just uninstalling mods and putting them straight back on. There are dependancies, compatibility patches, and specific install orders eg what to install before and after static mesh improvement. I'm sure most people appreciate the fact that it may be necessary to "do a bit of work" once it finished uninstalling and reinstalling the mods, but not having to reinstall everything, due to problems caused by missing files. Edited by Fliegenaffe

In response to post #28845124.

Fliegenaffe wrote: i wasn't expecting to reinstall skyrim and all my mods, just because the nmm updated. after many, many hours, i got my skyrim working again. it feels very buggy, as you will always get stuff left behind in your saves (no matter how careful you are). i have a friend who is in the process of reinstalling his skyrim as it ruined his installation. it is a shame this has happened, and a tad annoying, as i like the nexus site for the brilliant mods that it hosts. Users cannot be blamed solely for their installations being ruined. When the new nmm uninstalled and reinstalled my mods, it left out vital esm files eg climates of tamriel.esm and ETaC.esm. As you know, it is not a case of just uninstalling mods and putting them straight back on. There are dependancies, compatibility patches, and specific install orders eg what to install before and after static mesh improvement. I'm sure most people appreciate the fact that it may be necessary to "do a bit of work" once it finished uninstalling and reinstalling the mods, but not having to reinstall everything, due to problems caused by missing files.

The NMM team might have left a figurative minefield with this update, but they also took the liberty to put signs up warning of the danger ahead.

You and your friend herp-a-derped into a clearly labeled minefield and now your angry you got a few limbs blown off. You really have no one to blame but yourselves.

Here's that sign I mentioned: http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/1-1442505250.png