Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work guys. It wasn't that much of a fuzz, I didn't had that much of trouble. There were some errors but I managed to fix them anyway. All I wanted to say is, you guys have all of my support. After all, this is just for a better modding experience for the future. Sorry for my bad English.

In response to post #28860284. #28881684 is also a reply to the same post.

Elianora wrote: What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?
geknight wrote: Hey there..... Many mods, virtually ALL scripted installs are barfing on the conversion. To make them work properly you must DELETE them and REACQUIRE them - either from a download or from a backup copy of your NMM mods folder that you should make BEFORE you start. (The delete will erase the 7zip from your computer). when you do this the scripted install will function and it will work properly.

Otherwise the "file links" that they are trying to implement will lead to nowhere. I was trying to add some custom body stuff to a couple of my favorite NPC mods and actually hung explorer.exe up because it couldn't find its targets. LOL I'm still seeing occasional purple textures and floating polygons 3 days later (176 mods installed) :D. Far as I can tell, the two mods of yours I'm using ported fine, but then you don't seem to script your installs....

Good luck wrestling the bear ;)

Are you sure you had to "delete" them? I only "uninstalled" them, the right-click action that was documented to become necessary above and inside the NMM again. Then when I "activated" them again, they "reinstalled" and the scripted installers popped up just as they should have. At least I for one didn't have to re-"download" even 1 single archive so far, for what it's worth.

Only thing I could wish for now would be some way to "merge" or "anneal" personal changes of mine into the packages stored inside the mods folder. I think it did something along that line when it created the backup profile for quick restore after a failed conversion, but I'm not seeing any option to do that whenever I feel like it up to now.

I'm used to loosing personal changes whenever I, for one reason or another, need to reinstall a package sometimes. So a way to just "introduce" the changes done right into the archives at one point would sure be of massive help with this in future reinstalls.

In response to post #28860284. #28881684, #28883389 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?
geknight wrote: Hey there..... Many mods, virtually ALL scripted installs are barfing on the conversion. To make them work properly you must DELETE them and REACQUIRE them - either from a download or from a backup copy of your NMM mods folder that you should make BEFORE you start. (The delete will erase the 7zip from your computer). when you do this the scripted install will function and it will work properly.

Otherwise the "file links" that they are trying to implement will lead to nowhere. I was trying to add some custom body stuff to a couple of my favorite NPC mods and actually hung explorer.exe up because it couldn't find its targets. LOL I'm still seeing occasional purple textures and floating polygons 3 days later (176 mods installed) :D. Far as I can tell, the two mods of yours I'm using ported fine, but then you don't seem to script your installs....

Good luck wrestling the bear ;)
DrakeTheDragon wrote: Are you sure you had to "delete" them? I only "uninstalled" them, the right-click action that was documented to become necessary above and inside the NMM again. Then when I "activated" them again, they "reinstalled" and the scripted installers popped up just as they should have. At least I for one didn't have to re-"download" even 1 single archive so far, for what it's worth.

Only thing I could wish for now would be some way to "merge" or "anneal" personal changes of mine into the packages stored inside the mods folder. I think it did something along that line when it created the backup profile for quick restore after a failed conversion, but I'm not seeing any option to do that whenever I feel like it up to now.

I'm used to loosing personal changes whenever I, for one reason or another, need to reinstall a package sometimes. So a way to just "introduce" the changes done right into the archives at one point would sure be of massive help with this in future reinstalls.

I just cut and pasted the mods folder to "Skyrim - backup" within NMM folder and restarted NMM, dragged all the mods from the backup folder to the Mods tab in NMM, activated them. All work perfectly. In the process of making profiles :) Takes a bit of getting used to how it handles the actual Data files, but all is great so far :)

In response to post #28864154.

Morgwynn wrote:

I looked in my Downloads Folder and found version 0.53.2 and installed that after I deleted the 0.60.4 version and now my mods work again and no more crash to desk top when I even try and start the game. I would suggest people who like me have had nothing but trouble after the update to try and load up an older version of NMM from their Downloads Folder.

Can you send a link to the installer? I think I might have deleted my older version installer (like to keep my folder clean).

At first, I installed 60.5. When I saw that prompt to uninstall and reinstall mods, I immediately hit "cancel". It sounded sketchy to me. I went to look on the forums and sure enough the update bricked peoples games. Lol. As far as I understand it, the only mods that have an issue with 60.5 are fomod installers. If you don't have any of those, it probably won't brick your game. Probably. I just reinstalled 56.1 and everything works fine now.