Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

In response to post #28908309. #28910064 is also a reply to the same post.

Nas00 wrote: I'm glad I didn't let NMM try to reinstall my mods and I don't want to try the multiple profiles as long as these problems are not fixed (using 0.60.6):

- If I uninstall a mod with scripted installation (FOMOD) the next time I activate it, for example if I want to change some features, the install script doesn't show up. I have to delete the mod and redownload it.

- I can't queue up uninstall.

Good point:

- Install/Uninstall go faster than 0.50 versions.

I'm currently doing a fresh install and didn't play long enough before to see if all my mods were working correctly...
DrakeTheDragon wrote: Keep in mind by "deactivating" a mod package you do not "uninstall" it anymore. It's mentioned in the FAQs above and warned about inside the NMM and during the install process as well. Deactivate now does only remove the links in the game folder anymore and will not touch the unpacked mods' files at all.

You should not have to "delete and re-download" anything though, as far as I could tell. Simply right-clicking the mod and stating "uninstall", as instructed inside the FAQ and by the NMM during use, either "from the current" or "from all profiles", should make it so next time you click "activate" the scripted installations should fire up again just as well. It did so for me at least.

About the install/uninstall you're absolutely right. My bad...

I did overread that part in the FAQ (only installed the new one after reading the FAQs and because I knew I wouldn't really pay attention to what the installer would say...

Why is the queuing option only avalaible for install though?

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28791579.

JakeCWolf wrote: I'm just overly curious, probably more then is healthy for me, but any chance you'd share some of those death threats? With the names of the threatener blacked out to avoid backlash hating (or worse, return death threats).

I wanna see exactly what extremely butt hurt people will say when they reach such a threshold of hate.

i am not hating..love the site i back-upped my files..even went back to an older nmm still my game will not run..it crashes at the logo fo nv every time..so anyone know what i am doing wrong

I have commented here before but now I have a question, are you going to support pre .60 versions of NMM?

I have spent 500 plus hours unpacking all the bsa files into loose file variants and using Gimp and Photoshop, I recolored and modified where possible all my texture files. I did the recolors because I wanted the look of an enb without the inherent overhead an enb can bring to the game.

I have 247 active plugins and 76 script and texture mods, but with my loose file setup in Skyrim, It seems that using anything above 56.1 would render all my work moot. Yes I can restore my game from my backups but all the texture work would be trashed. Does anything in .60+ allow me to retain my recolors? If not then unless I am mistaken, 56.1 is it for me.

Also how about those of us using merged mods, what then? I am trying not to be too critical, but NMM seems to have gone the way of Windows 10. They have something they regard as the coolest thing ever but now appear to be working over time to restore a host of conveniences back into the OS they removed for what ever reason.

It would be nice, if before a well regarded and much used piece of software was modified so extensively, the end user was asked what would enrich their experience with it, possibly in the form of a survey or series of surveys as to what they would like to see.

I realize that 40,000 users tested the new changes, but having been a beta tester for Windows 95 as well as using all the preview versions since then, I can tell you it takes a certain type of individual to take on this task. The dedicated users that tested the new NMM are probably a very small percentage of the user base on the nexus, and though the included changes to NMM seemed to be stable, the question no one seems to be asking is "what is behind all of the negative chatter" . Why not ask the entire user base if they actually want the changes.

Lets put it in a simpler form, I would really like Ferrari , but how would it work in my daily commute to work?

After installing the new NMM, it has undone all my mods. Having well over a hundred, re-installing and such is not so bad except as it stands now the game simply CTDs until I go through every mod to see which is working with what all over again. Not something I particularly have the time or desire to do now. So like another, Skyrim will be put away.

In response to post #28911349.

Roguespear wrote: I have commented here before but now I have a question, are you going to support pre .60 versions of NMM?

I have spent 500 plus hours unpacking all the bsa files into loose file variants and using Gimp and Photoshop, I recolored and modified where possible all my texture files. I did the recolors because I wanted the look of an enb without the inherent overhead an enb can bring to the game.

I have 247 active plugins and 76 script and texture mods, but with my loose file setup in Skyrim, It seems that using anything above 56.1 would render all my work moot. Yes I can restore my game from my backups but all the texture work would be trashed. Does anything in .60+ allow me to retain my recolors? If not then unless I am mistaken, 56.1 is it for me.

Also how about those of us using merged mods, what then? I am trying not to be too critical, but NMM seems to have gone the way of Windows 10. They have something they regard as the coolest thing ever but now appear to be working over time to restore a host of conveniences back into the OS they removed for what ever reason.

It would be nice, if before a well regarded and much used piece of software was modified so extensively, the end user was asked what would enrich their experience with it, possibly in the form of a survey or series of surveys as to what they would like to see.

I realize that 40,000 users tested the new changes, but having been a beta tester for Windows 95 as well as using all the preview versions since then, I can tell you it takes a certain type of individual to take on this task. The dedicated users that tested the new NMM are probably a very small percentage of the user base on the nexus, and though the included changes to NMM seemed to be stable, the question no one seems to be asking is "what is behind all of the negative chatter" . Why not ask the entire user base if they actually want the changes.

Lets put it in a simpler form, I would really like Ferrari , but how would it work in my daily commute to work?

You can put your own mods and textures in a zip file (keep the subfolders like textures and meshes inside the zip) and add that to nmm (there is a button to add mods). Now you can install and uninstall you own mods just like you do with the ones from the nexus. Hope that helps. Have fun.

Also, if you want a more vibrant skyrim without having to retexture everything or use an enb try a mod (or its ini tweaks) called 'vanilla at its best' Edited by Gruftlord

In response to post #28911349. #28911939 is also a reply to the same post.

Roguespear wrote: I have commented here before but now I have a question, are you going to support pre .60 versions of NMM?

Gruftlord wrote: You can put your own mods and textures in a zip file (keep the subfolders like textures and meshes inside the zip) and add that to nmm (there is a button to add mods). Now you can install and uninstall you own mods just like you do with the ones from the nexus. Hope that helps. Have fun.

Also, if you want a more vibrant skyrim without having to retexture everything or use an enb try a mod (or its ini tweaks) called 'vanilla at its best'

They have said that they will NOT support pre .60 versions any longer....BUT you can run two instances of NMM if you rename one of the folders....ie, use the last .50 version to run Skyrim (if you don't care about profiling, of course) and the new version to run FO4 and beyond.

Took me about three hours to get all 232 mods working the way I like it again.

This being Skyrim, it took me exactly 3 minutes and 34 seconds in game to screw it up :D (did I run FNIS? OHSH--)

The procedure was pretty straightforward, my issues were all on me - customized mods and all that - and the update was pretty painless. Everything is back where it should be and I am off to fight more dragons again.

Will test later on with some other games (Witcher, for example) to see how well it behaves but really, it's a really nice release and you should be proud of yourselves for pulling this off.

In response to post #28791579. #28910514 is also a reply to the same post.

JakeCWolf wrote: I'm just overly curious, probably more then is healthy for me, but any chance you'd share some of those death threats? With the names of the threatener blacked out to avoid backlash hating (or worse, return death threats).

I wanna see exactly what extremely butt hurt people will say when they reach such a threshold of hate.
igyha1 wrote: i am not hating..love the site i back-upped my files..even went back to an older nmm still my game will not run..it crashes at the logo fo nv every time..so anyone know what i am doing wrong

Check the original announcement thread, you'll find some real gems: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/news/12569/?page=4&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3227749&pUp=1

In response to post #28911349. #28911939, #28913369 are all replies on the same post.

Gruftlord wrote: You can put your own mods and textures in a zip file (keep the subfolders like textures and meshes inside the zip) and add that to nmm (there is a button to add mods). Now you can install and uninstall you own mods just like you do with the ones from the nexus. Hope that helps. Have fun.

Also, if you want a more vibrant skyrim without having to retexture everything or use an enb try a mod (or its ini tweaks) called 'vanilla at its best'
Crimsonhawk87 wrote: They have said that they will NOT support pre .60 versions any longer....BUT you can run two instances of NMM if you rename one of the folders....ie, use the last .50 version to run Skyrim (if you don't care about profiling, of course) and the new version to run FO4 and beyond.

I'm in the same situation. I've made a huge amount of manual changes that would be lost if I upgraded to the new version. Of course the solution is to just continue using 56.1, but it's not going to support new games. That pretty much rules out me using NMM with FO4 because I won't be able to mod it with 60.5+ the way that I like to mod games. I can't understand why they didn't include an option to continue installing mods the normal way. I said this earlier in this thread, but our only hope is that someone makes a manager for FO4 that works the normal way.