Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Just a quick question .... When I finally got most of my mods up and running I discovered that the female NPCs in the game (Lydia, ect.) all have a blue band across their forehead where their eyebrows should be. ..... The followers I've downloaded don't have this problem.

I've spent the last two days trying to figure it out / fix it, but have only succeeded in giving myself a major brain cramp. .... Is there a (hopefully easy) fix for this?

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawson, this isn't the place to ask questions about Skyrim. This is more of an open discussion about the announcement itself.

That said, sounds like somewhere along the way, your NPCs in the game are missing the eyebrow textures from somewhere. it could be a mod missing some eyebrow textures that were not installed.

If you have further questions, please post it in the appropriate forum (Nexus Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting forum).

:Edit:

Also lyroas, during installation, it warns you in big red letters about the reinstallation process, then again when you initially start up NMM 0.60.x as a pop up, right before it uninstalls everything.

http://i.imgur.com/XmdaWaK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4EL6MI2.jpg

I admit, I did ignore the big red text during installation but I most certainly saw and read through the second message clearly and understood what it entailed.

Edited by KunoMochi

In response to post #28895669.

jspee1965 wrote: My game is completely borked. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours .... did you not THINK ABOUT THAT before rolling out 60.5.... I PAY for this ... I'm out.

You make me giggle. :D

Hundreds of hours invested but you manage to not invest the 5 minutes it takes to backup your install/MOD folder OR read the blatant BETA warnings plastered all over the place?

It's like you wished it upon yourself! haha!

Edited by JackOBees

I'd like to think I speak for a very large number of us who use the Nexus sites when I say, we appreciate the work you do, and the work that has been done this far on the NMM software.

It's not rocket science to backup mod folders and installs or to refrain from updating like a mindless zombie in order to ensure stability until the next stable release.

Unfortunately, I seem to have gathered that from A LOT of the comments in this thread, that reading is becoming a dying art-form....

Wise up ladies and gents' - They're not obligated to provide you with ANYTHING, you're a public BETA TESTER, this software is free.

You're entitled to nothing.

I'm glad I didn't let NMM try to reinstall my mods and I don't want to try the multiple profiles as long as these problems are not fixed (using 0.60.6):

- If I uninstall a mod with scripted installation (FOMOD) the next time I activate it, for example if I want to change some features, the install script doesn't show up. I have to delete the mod and redownload it.

- I can't queue up uninstall.

Good point:

- Install/Uninstall go faster than 0.50 versions.

I'm currently doing a fresh install and didn't play long enough before to see if all my mods were working correctly...

Edited by Nas00

Well, I was looking for an excuse to remod Skyrim anyways. Thanks for providing it. And this mod profiling tidbit should be quite interesting. Since I like the spring/summer texture overhauls, flipflopping back and forth between those should be very interesting to see.

In response to post #28895669. #28906719 is also a reply to the same post.

jspee1965 wrote: My game is completely borked. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours .... did you not THINK ABOUT THAT before rolling out 60.5.... I PAY for this ... I'm out.
JackOBees wrote: You make me giggle. :D

Hundreds of hours invested but you manage to not invest the 5 minutes it takes to backup your install/MOD folder OR read the blatant BETA warnings plastered all over the place?

It's like you wished it upon yourself! haha!

Well, we cannot expect everyone will read the site news, and changelog, or consider the warning carefully.

There are many reasons why people don't read. And since it is free, well, we cannot complain much about it.

There is one verse for this mishaps: "Let it Go". Leave Skyrim, or reinstall 0.56.1 and reinstall all the mods like me ^^

And one more, I'm just curious how many users have the tendency to not read the site news, warning, etc. Why don't have a poll or survey for user behavior? My point is: why make more people quit skyrim because of their carelessness. One of the main reason people can enjoy Skyrim till today is there are many users creating and using the mods, but when there is less number, you know what I mean. Edited by aegizremington

In response to post #28908309.

Nas00 wrote: I'm glad I didn't let NMM try to reinstall my mods and I don't want to try the multiple profiles as long as these problems are not fixed (using 0.60.6):

- If I uninstall a mod with scripted installation (FOMOD) the next time I activate it, for example if I want to change some features, the install script doesn't show up. I have to delete the mod and redownload it.

- I can't queue up uninstall.

Good point:

- Install/Uninstall go faster than 0.50 versions.

I'm currently doing a fresh install and didn't play long enough before to see if all my mods were working correctly...

Keep in mind by "deactivating" a mod package you do not "uninstall" it anymore. It's mentioned in the FAQs above and warned about inside the NMM and during the install process as well. Deactivate now does only remove the links in the game folder anymore and will not touch the unpacked mods' files at all.

You should not have to "delete and re-download" anything though, as far as I could tell. Simply right-clicking the mod and stating "uninstall", as instructed inside the FAQ and by the NMM during use, either "from the current" or "from all profiles", should make it so next time you click "activate" the scripted installations should fire up again just as well. It did so for me at least.