Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My migration went off without a hitch. While I'm not as well versed with the inner workings of NMM to actively help out, I just wanted to say thank you and to all that have been helpful with bringing these much needed features to our beloved manager. Keep it up guys! Edited by doctrderp

I am one of those that is guilty of not reading update notes properly but trusted in YOU and allowed the new version to load - I selected for my mods to be closed and then reopened. about halfway through the process NMM crashed with an error message - however I was able to just reload my mods and Skyrim SEEMS to be working ok now

Do not worry about those silly narrow minded people who threaten you - nothing is perfect or ever will be and we should expect a few hiccups now and then when it comes to computer programs of any sort so keep on with good work and good luck :)

man, I love nexus and I fully support it. but this could have been deployed a LOT better. Something this major and with such potential for disaster should have been prefqaced with a week of bulletins and a mass email to prepare. I thought it was just another update. Game destroyed. A nuclear bomb would have done no less.

At least Mod Manager gives you the option to work with your present loaded mods. Not as efficient as reinstalling all, but at least your hard earned working configuration does not get blown away.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The cloud mod profiles backup seems the most (if not only) interesting feature for me and seems to be one of the big things that MO is missing. If only it was able to do it before updating. I usually make backups every so often but tens GB isn't something do that often.

Thank You for the update. Trying it soon.

My experience with the NMM is:

Working with the Nexus site: Well

Great Feature: Shifting in the Load Order of esp by clicked Mouse.

but you need to have the Wrye Bash installled for Batch and so on.

Problem: Two Mod Managers working on same directories or so

Please communicate

Greetz @Wrye

Edited by Lord of the Strings

In response to post #28965534.

silvershade56 wrote: its hard to believe that this update could be so broken what with being unable to uninstall mods normally, meaning i have to delete the mod 7z/rar in nnm's mod folder close nmm and reopen it only to have it tell me the stupidest thing that the file i just deleted isnt there anymore and ask me if id like to uninstall the mod id already tried to uninstall. when trying to reinstall mods with installers having them not even pop up unless i delete the mod and re download it and then reading the patch notes saying that a mod manager that has been working fine before this stupid update is now not even able to do its job of installing mods properly cause it and ill quot the part that caught my eye
Fixed issue preventing some mods from installing txt files.
Fixed issue causing some plugins to randomly show as corrupt.
Fixed issue causing .jar and .exe files from properly working (FNIS, BodySlide2, DualSheat’s .jar, etc.).
even tho its fixed now this is after id already started installing my mods again

In order to "uninstall" your mods now, right-click the mod and choose "uninstall from this profile" or "...from all profiles", depending on what you need. Then next time you "activate" the mod the scripted installers will pop up again as well.

It's explained in the FAQ up above in the 3rd question from the bottom, and the NMM itself told me to do so at multiple instances by now. I'm having a hard time here wrapping my head around why everybody always promotes "delete and re-download" instead.