Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Simple problem with my NMM. when i INSTALL mods to the profile and start with NVSE (New Vegas is my jam) it loads up with NOTHING installed. just my custom patch (that doesn't work because Project Nevada isn't installed) and all the DLC. essentially, the profile system doesn't seem to be working. when i first patched to the new NMM, it reinstalled all my mods (in the wrong order...)and kept crashing NV. when i made a new profile ,and started to mod that, Its like it was installing to the recycle bin, cause my FNV folder was empty of mods, and it just loaded vanilla with a custom patch that did jackshit. i like how NMM is constantly updating, and i knew that the patch had the possibility to flip me off and i probably shouldn't have moved my NMM install over from my old pc to a new pc with a HDD storing all the NMM and steam crap then tried to update. And i adore the profile system as an idea (too bad it doesn't work for me) i just want to know what i messed up, or what my config messed up. TO SUM UP. My mods aren't installing, please help.

NMM Version: 60.5

Bug trigger: New NMM Update.

What i expected: mods to install,in order, and function.

What Happened: mods installed in wrong order, NV crashed repeatedly. No mods installed. even when manually redone, 8 times...

EDIT: I think ive fixed it. i moved the virtual install folder to the STEAMAPPS,COMMON,FNV folder. its uninstalling all me mods, and reinstalling. will leave another edit if it gets fixed

EDIT once again: Nope. It complete wiped my profile. moved the folders, wiped the profile... Goddammit, gotta reorganize my mods, my 80 something mods once again...

EDIT Yet again: Reinstalling mods in roughly the same order since the copy load order .txt i have are now useless, Gonna have to start a new play through, but hopefully the mods will work.

Edit For the last time: still stuffed, installed mods, at least they installed. but i forgot the load order(install order, i don't understand the new system) so yeah. imma just wait till i can use my presaved load orders to fix this. no more NV for me...

Edited by Jak3Dark

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...it looks like I'll finally be abandoning Skyrim thanks to this little incident. Never even got to beat the main game or most of the DLC's. But after this latest update(Which I went through with without checking so I'll take some blame. But the message that pops up never really makes it seem that you have the option to just cancel. It always mades it seem like if you didn't update you wouldn't be able to use the NMM) But after this, my game now CTD before I can get to the main menu.

I tried going back to a previous version of NMM but the game still CTD.

I then tried closing and reopening NMM and it proceeded to tell me that many(Almost all) of my mods were missing and that I either had to tell where they properly were or delete them. Telling it where they were did nothing so it systematically wiped out every mod I used and the game still won't launch anymore.

Now, I have the pleasure of spending several hours setting everything back up and more than likely having to restart the game(That'll be the sixth time I'd have to start all over due to general instability and save corruption) because my saves and mods won't live up perfectly and they'll start corrupting themselves if I don't restart.

So yeah...that's fun...

I think its safe to say, making people upgrade NMM to 0.60+ is probably the worst thing you people could ever of done. You killed off ALOT of modded games now.

Thanks. You killed Skyrim.

This is a catastrophe, a desaster. The NMM crashed while migrating the mods, i can reinstall some mods manually but not all of them. The game is totally broken, i can not even start a unmodded new game. Even if i delete everything leftovers from mods that could hide in my game install, every dll. every esp, every texture everything... i can not even start the bare default game. And even if i could - going back to the very beginning and reinstall every single mod with every subtle changes and tweaks i made? Taking weeks and months to regulate the load order, fixed CTD's for hours? My god.... the pain of it.

It took me half a year to make my game stable, not CTD'ing and not conflict with anything, running 252 active plugins and with textures and stuff using around 400 mods. It all worked totally fine. Now it is broken completely.

I see the intentions and features behind the new version and to be honest i like the option to have different mod setups. BUT i now do not believe it is possible to uninstall and reinstall mods "on the fly" and not break the game.

This new NMM may be good for players who never used mods until now (does someone like that even exist?) and starts from the very beginning.

I am very glad, that i make a total system backup every week so i can reset my computer including the entire skyrim game and mod setup and i can go on like nothing ever happened and stay FAR FAR away from future updates of NMM as long as possible.

Yes, there may be people who see this as a chance to make a new beginning, sorting out not relevant mods they had and do everything new. But i do not have the patience for this after the hell i went through since is started to play this awesome game.

Edited by schnubbel76

i have an issue with how you let people know....i get it there was a box and some red lettering. however the content of said box didnt really communicate how serious of a chance we were taking by dl'ing it. by "we" i mean the general public.

maybe some of what was said meant a lot more to other programmers or coders or anyone with a sufficient background to grasp all the implications. really tho it came down to this "if you have 5 minutes you'll get an upgrade!"

a lot of people use NMM to make their life easier...i for one had my game broke BEFORE i dl'd the new NMM and was FORCED to upgrade anyways. my game "seems" to work now but i haven't done more than finally get it to load a save.

the developers really need to get a grasp on how they communicate their product and intent to the public, not just to other programmers. Maybe they need a technical writer on staff that can translate stuff for john q. public.

thanks tho for patching stuff right away and admitting the initial communication wasn't up to snuff.

Hello. I had around 300 mods installed, and your new manager uninstalled them all and then crashed. How do I get all my mods re-installed in the correct order with the correct settings? Did it create a backup to which I can recover? I can't find how. Thanks.

When I installed the newest version of Nexus Mod Manager and had to reinstall a bunch of mods, I had some major issues with red exclamation marks replacing things. In many cases it was the mods however those mods were never an issue before. have resolved many of the issues however I still have problems with apparel related mods and fallout character overhaul. Do you think if I installed the previous version that things would go back to how they worked?

While updating to Version 0.60.11 of the Nexus Mod Manager it crashed. The crash occurred while it was uninstalling all of my mods and preparing to attempt to reinstall them as they were before updating. Is there any workaround so I don't have to spend several hours getting my mods reinstalled to the way they were?

Oh my gods !...... I've installed the 0.60.11 version of NMM and I must completely reinstall all my mods (about 260) !!!!!

I've read the note above and I consternated by the reaction of someones with death threats, delirious. Ok ! setting over 260 or 450 mods is a real challenge and a very long job, I'm extremely disappointed and furious about this problem, but seriously... death threats, no sense.

For now, the game crash on start with a new big SKSE (1.7.3 ver) error report (SKSE community uncapper does not support this Skyrim version... You can enable the the AutoUpdate fonctionnality by setting bAutoUpdate=1 inside the "SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini" file......... what SKSE_Elys_Uncapper files ??????? it does'nt exist) Well, impossible to play. I need to reinstall all mods and perhaps the game before, I don't know how to proceed and what to do.

If someone can help me with some informations, that could be very fine. For now, I'm like Voyager... in the middle of nowhere.