Is this FPS normal for the ENB.

bobbypie67890

Yes.

Ram has flat lined. This may be because you didn't configure SPM to use ENB info.

Ram needs to be going up & down with vram.

In a game like Skyrim ram feeds vram. With ENB or ENBoost the 64bit enb executable does the swapping taking the load off the 32bit Skyrim executable. Skyrim Performance Monitor records the amount of ram/vram from Skyrim & ENB if configured properly.

The only numbers that change going from vanilla to enb is the GPU %.

If ram is not reacting to vram things slow down.

Your I/o events do match vram though.

Later

You dont want your RAM/VRAM/disk moving too much. If you have correct memory setting you wont see much changes to how much memory is in use, and when you do that wants to be on loading screen. Keep as much as possible cached on game load.

I can tell you my SSD doesnt do a whole lot in multiple hour sessions.

My SPM graphs looks like a roller-coaster. I use a lot of NPC mods & add followers to the road as the saves get older. 1.7gb peeks in I/o are not uncommon in my game when the save level is about 60.

I am happy with my frame rate at 1440 with the 980 ti. I see the drops on the frame counter but don't feel them in the game.

The only minor problems in my game is most of the time skyrim runs flawlessly & is a wander to behold. Then I exit the game than load it up again it runs like crap (stutter/lag). Exiting & loading up again fixes it. This happens in about 1 in 5 loads. I had a similar problem with the 970/980. Sometimes they would micro stutter, but a reload would fix it. For now I am blaming the drivers but my rig is about a week older than Skyrim & I have only switched out video cards.

One of the big pluses using the 980 ti is that I get next to no CTDs with it. This is really good for a game with 250+ mods. The amount of VRAM I use is about the same that I used with the 980 which CTDed about every 4 hours. I am clueless why this is happening but happy that it is.

Later

2x G1 Gaming 980 Ti's
Asus x99 Sabertooth
16gb 2400mhz Ram
850 Evo 250gb ssd
3tb Toshiba 7200 HDD
Corsair Rm1000I
H100i Gtx
I get 43 fps here
The main graphics mods I use are Realvision, Skyrim 2k textures, Amidian, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Verdant...basically all the mods recommended on Realvision's page.
So is this framerate normal?

Two 980's in SLi... I would say not. I get similar to that with a single R9 390. Two 980's should be absolutely destroying that game.

Are you sure your SLi setup is functioning correctly? Because it sounds like its only firing on one cylinder. Er, I mean card.

edit: I know that Xfire requires a little tweaking to get it to function correctly with Skyrim, I havn't a clue about SLi but I imagine something similar would apply.

Edited by soupdragon1234

I have a very similar system to yours - i7 5930k (slightly overclocked to 4.25ghz with Corsair H110i gtx cooler), ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard, Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb SSD, 2 superclocked Titan Xs in SLI, and 16gb ddr4 3000hz ram. I also have two 27" Samsung SA850 monitors at 1440p. I've spent countless hours trying to get my Skyrim (and other games) to play at 60 frames per second at 1440p with an ENB. I have a mix of 2k landscape/architecture textures with 4k armor/weapon/skin textures. I also have several very script, landscape, and NPC intensive mods to include: OBIS, Immersive Patrols, Enhanced Landscapes (with grass plugin at MinGrassSize=50), Expanded Towns and Cities, Solitude Reborn, Dawn of Skyrim, Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.3, XPMSE, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Deadly Dragons, ELFX, ELE, etc.

Here's a brief synopsis of what I've discovered with changes in my GPU setup:

With two 6gb EVGA 780 superclocked cards in SLI I averaged 25 to 30 fps with any of the heavy K ENBs, and in the mid 50s with Seasons of Skyrim. I had the typical SLI bugs (weird water ripple glitches, microstuttering, etc) with these cards.

With one superclocked Titan X I was able to run a very smooth 35 to 45 frames per second with the quality version of Kinematic ENB Northern Light.

With two superclocked Titan Xs in SLI I am able to play at 60 fps (some dips down into the low 50s) with any of the Quality versions of the K ENBs and Grim and Somber ENBs. I was shocked to find that I no longer experience any SLI visual glitches.

There are a few areas where I experience drops in frame rate with a modded Skyrim. Your picture just outside of Riverwood is indeed one of them. A lot of people don't realize that there is an invisible boundary in that area which forces the terrible Skyrim game engine to handle the assets of two or three regions instead of just the usual one. It doesn't matter how awesome your computer is in those areas (if you want to use mods/ENB) - you are at the mercy of the poorly optimized game engine.

Here are a few steps that have helped me increase my stablity/frame rate:

1. Make sure and turn off AA and AO everywhere you can turn it off (Skyrim launcher, Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector, etc) if using ENB.

1. Use the .279 binary of ENB - I gained an instant 5 fps when going from the .263 and .266 binaries to .279.

2. I use Nvidia Inspector to change my SLI settings - there are a few settings that you can change with this that you can't access with the standard Nvidia Control Panel. The main setting you need to change in the Elder Scrolls V: Slyrim profile is: NVIDIA predefined SLI mode to SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2.

3. I don't recommend using 4k textures for anything but skin re-textures, clothing, weapons, and armor. It is extremely difficult to perceive the difference between 2k and 4k on larger items like landscape and rock textures in game (and not really worth the performance hit).

4. I highly recommend using Mod Organizer to manage your mod installation - you can have profiles for different playstyles. You could have a profile created specifically for 4k textures and screen archery if you choose.

5. SKSE memory patch

6. Check out the STEP guidelines for modding and ini tweaks - I use the STEP 2.2.9 Extended as a baseline for my modding setup.

7. I have my graphics cards in the 1 and 3 pcie slots of the motherboard (for 2x PCI-E 3.0x16)

8. I make sure that only Mod Organizer and Skyrim/skse are running during my play sessions - all other programs and extraneous processes are turned off.

Keep in mind that Skyrim is a 32 bit program. ENB memory boost and the skse memory patch can only go so far to extend the 3.2gb limit that the 32bit Skyrim engine can handle.

My gut tells me that you should have better performance out of those cards. It's hard to troubleshoot because there are so many variables that make each and every hardware/mod setup different.

I hope this helps.

The 980ti is morw than enough for this game, you can turn ENB off via SpeedHackWithoutgraphics and see exactly the same framerate. DirectX9 renderer is inferior and can only be overcome with raw speed.

As Boris has said many times, if yoy dont understand the underlying problem you wont understand the graph. Notice when CPU usage is it its peak, gpu sits in the median. As per the graph when you see both drop this indicates a pause like a loading screen.

SLi isnt the solution, no amount of gpu power can solve what is lacking of the cpu. Maybe one day when we have 7ghz cpus lol.