Removing objects placed by another mod

whatorthat

Hi all! Quick question.

Say I have an ESM in my load order. This ESM adds new objects to the game-world. Is it possible to make an ESP that removes objects placed by the ESM--assuming I need the ESM itself unchanged? If so, how?

I ask because I'm making a patch for ELFX that changes a few of its modified cells; I'd like to keep my patch up-to-date without having to rebuild my work from scratch.

Thanks for the help!

Any object you want to remove via esp is easy, just add the initially disabled reference in tesvedit. Dont mark deleted because this can cause problems. But otherwise you have the right idea by placing said changes into a separate esp patch.

• 1 month later...

The trouble with disabling something is that unless there is a mechanism for re-enabling it will stay disabled - want to disable that wall section? Ok fine lets do it!

Later you want to remove your mod, oh dear you now have a permanent hole in the wall as it's baked into the savegame - easiest solution is to delete everything in the CK and then run TES5edit > Apply filter for cleaning > Undelete and Disable References which will fixup all the deleted reference in such a way that if you ever remove your mod those now disabled references will become re-enabled, hey presto no more missing walls!