There are red boxes with white exclamation points everywhere - and they're not disappearing. What should I do?

RaijuAayai

Redownloading textures won't help, because it's a missing mesh not a missing texture. There is obviously a mod that has changed the path of the vanilla mesh to something else. That is (a BIG no,no) or the modded one is broken ... If it were only a texture problem and the paths in the mesh were correct the game would default to the purple/blue texture.

The exclamation marks are caused by either faulty or missing meshes, so the OP needs to determine which mod has altered in any way environmental items such as rocks or plants. get close and see if the has an interaction for picking flowers? If not, it may be one of the static "plant" meshes, of which there are several mods that purportedly enhance vanilla shrubbery. My guess would be one of those has either faulty meshes or the meshes are in the wrong place/missing altogether and the game can't find them. It could even be a butterfly / moth / insect / dust mote mesh causing the problem

Big thanks for this comment.

I am having the same red boxes trouble for quite a while now. I have checked many times if there is any overlapping mesh problems like you explained but i only have simple other mods installed like new armor or a weapon which i believe it doesnt have anything to do with my problem since when i try installing new mod huge building have red boxes on them and only door or some mod related npc have red boxes on them. My guesses mine is its core/vanilla skyrim issue (I have Skyrim Special Edition btw) or pc specs or the mods which seems unlikely to me because i tried many different mods with different outcomes .

So can you guys direct me to any kind of solution ?

Edited by mehmetyhallac

Redownloading textures won't help, because it's a missing mesh not a missing texture. There is obviously a mod that has changed the path of the vanilla mesh to something else. That is (a BIG no,no) or the modded one is broken ... If it were only a texture problem and the paths in the mesh were correct the game would default to the purple/blue texture.

The exclamation marks are caused by either faulty or missing meshes, so the OP needs to determine which mod has altered in any way environmental items such as rocks or plants. get close and see if the has an interaction for picking flowers? If not, it may be one of the static "plant" meshes, of which there are several mods that purportedly enhance vanilla shrubbery. My guess would be one of those has either faulty meshes or the meshes are in the wrong place/missing altogether and the game can't find them. It could even be a butterfly / moth / insect / dust mote mesh causing the problem

Big thanks for this comment.

I am having the same red boxes trouble for quite a while now. I have checked many times if there is any overlapping mesh problems like you explained but i only have simple other mods installed like new armor or a weapon which i believe it doesnt have anything to do with my problem since when i try installing new mod huge building have red boxes on them and only door or some mod related npc have red boxes on them. My guesses mine is its core/vanilla skyrim issue (I have Skyrim Special Edition btw) or pc specs or the mods which seems unlikely to me because i tried many different mods with different outcomes .

So can you guys direct me to any kind of solution ?

Reinstall the game, no mods, make sure everything works. Add mods ONE at a time. Verify the game works. Add another, etc.