ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

fallout4 mod recreations and ports perhaps?

freakyskull516

with fallout4 11 days 3 hours 1 minute and 40 seconds away at the time i write this i find myself looking forward to the complete and utter destruction of my social life in my near future but i also find myself wondering about the twilight years and the after party can we expect to see any of our old favorites returning to the modding community will there be a project boston or dare i say *giddy squeal* daughters of aries return i would very much hope so and if anyone is planning to do so i with my complete lack of skill, resources, and limited time will do anything in my power that can be done to assist.

If you really want this to be a thing, but you can't do the technical mod stuff, you can at least create a clear and precise design document, write the stories, and organize a team website.

If you can write a compelling story that is very, very, very detailed. Don't underestimate how important the detail is, I almost put very 4 times to emphasize it even more. There is no value in a vague story, because then the modders have to do all the work to make it complete and most just aren't because they can easily just do their own story. But if you make it good and unique and detailed then eventually someone will come along and want to mod without having to do the hard work, so if you have the hard part of the story done, they just might want to join.

Coming up with a very nicely done design document to present you ideas, plans, what specifically you want these modders to do, and the story of course, and then pitching it to as many modders as possible would likely get you at least a few modders that will try to help you. It will probably be pretty popular around here when the game is still new. Fallout New Vegas is kindof dead by now and Skyrim has a lot of good modders that will hop over to the next new thing. It seems like there will be people out there looking for a project but can't write or organize a team themselves.

If you seriously mean it when you say 'anything in my power' then read this...

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131632/creating_a_great_design_document.php

... or just google 'Videogame Design Document' and then do it.

And lastly, a good team website is key to getting people to want to join. Keep it simple but easy to communicate and for everyone to have access to any information they need in an instant, not having to email so and so and wait for a reply. I personal like...

https://www.proboards.com/

... it is real simple to build, just take a time commitment that most modders don't want to take away from their time modding.

Do this stuff and you have a chance. Not saying it is a sure thing or will be easy, but you said you would do anything, so this is the anything you must start with. Takes nothing besides a notepad and the internet.

Edit: Also, artists hate spending hours and hours going around the internet trying to find reference images of what they are going to make. As a 3d modeler myself, I would love it if someone would just go gather up the images of what they want from every possible angle and just delivered it to me in an email. I would take someone like that on my mod any day, it would leave me more time to art.

Edited by Tony the Wookie

the current interest is resurrecting some dead mods into fallout4. where project nevada still has its very capable team they likely do not require my assistance. i made this post in hopes to either reach a group that is resurrecting the daughters of aries mod or to inspire the formation of one as that mod was dropped and made open to the community.

on another note. what you wrote was very well thought out and inspiring as f*#@ and i happen to be an excellent spinner of yarns so i may use fallout4 to get into actual modding as a writer of stories and lore for the more capable community members

it is good to see people still eager to help others.

"...or dare i say *giddy squeal* daughters of ares return..."

There is an ARES Android race return!!! I posted a bunch of pics of the new body and armor in the image share.

for fallout4???

Yes.

that is very good news. in my opinion that mod has never been more called for especially since fallout4 takes place in the commonwealth where androids are a much more common occurrence also where is this image share? i cannot find it.

Problem is they are different games in every way now.. can't even share weapon models for all we know, you MIGHT be able to take like helmets or hats or something similar and modify them a lil to fit the heads of FO4 characters but even that is unconfirmable at the moment. We CAN revive mods as the above people have stated, something like FWE or FOOK or PN will be a thing, they WILL come out with something similar, but just how long after the game drops is unknown as well, we just gotta wait till the new GECK or whatever comes out :l