How to install mods?

Elusivr

I'm having so much problems downloading player-made add-ons.

Like for example for Morrowind when i download the file for Tamriel Rebuilt, the download goes into a 7z type file. It doesn't give me the data files, read.me document, etc. All i have is a blank paper icon and when i click it, it goes into an adobe reader program. That's not the file type that the instructions tells me it's supposed to be. I have mcp downloaded and i'm using the features on there. I've downloaded all the official expansions and they're working fine. I'm also having trouble adding other player-made add-ons to the game.

Note: I'm using steam to play Morrowind.

Also, If you know what a GBA Emulator is, the icon for the file is the gba emulator icon.

You'll need either a mod manager or 7zip to properly read the files included in Tamriel Rebuilt's file other times you'll need WinRar. Google for them they're both free file zipping programs. Actually, get used to googling a lot of things - it's the most important first step in modding any game you're going to do it often and you're going to need to learn how to do it well.

For now this should give you a starting point for MW modding: http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/Beginners_Guide

You'll need either a mod manager or 7zip to properly read the files included in Tamriel Rebuilt's file other times you'll need WinRar. Google for them they're both free file zipping programs. Actually, get used to googling a lot of things - it's the most important first step in modding any game you're going to do it often and you're going to need to learn how to do it well.

For now this should give you a starting point for MW modding: http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/Beginners_Guide

I downloaded 7zip. I tried downloading the mod again and it still tells me to open using adobe reader.

So...

You download "Tamriel Rebuilt 15.10-42145-15-10.7z"

You double-click the downloaded file.

Acrobat Reader launches and attempts to open the archive?

Open 7zip. Tools > Options > System

Select 7z in the list, left click in the All Users column (or your account name), if "7-zip" appears then .7z files should be associated with 7zip ad that program used to open them.

• 3 weeks later...