Con struction Set???

StanIsTheLaw

Curious one this, wondering if I have missed something or whether this is normal.

Have created an NPC, then tried to add non standard clothing from the Apachi Goddess store.

In the full preview in CS, it shows up, but when I go into the game, the character does not have the items. However, standard items of clothing do appear, so if I use lowerclass 4 shoes for example, they are there. It is the same if I try clothes from Tona. I know the mods are installed and working correctly because I can buy and move items from them in the game.

Is this normal, you can only equip items from the standard game?

Thanks in advance.

When I started CS, I activated several clothing mods, Tona, Apachi, Oona, as well as my partner mod etc.

Created the npc and then dragged the item into their inventory and deleted ones I did not want. Now they show up in the CS preview, but when I load the game they are not there. If I use a vanilla peice of clothing such as lower class 03 items, they will appear in the game as well, but so far, any items from clothing mods don't appear in the game, even though they are showing in the CS preview.

Has me totally baffled.

Righto. Unfortunately, that method doesn't work because the clothing you're trying to use comes from a plugin, not a master file (which is why you can add vanilla clothing, but not modded clothing). What you'll need to do is either make your mod dependent on the mod you want to get the clothes from (if you intend to release your mod, I don't recommend doing this as people may not want to run Apachii's store), or, and this is by far the easiest method, you should create new clothing items in your mod- WITHOUT any other mods loaded up- and add the new item of clothing to your NPC. Edited by DesuChan

It's the same method as making a custom CM partner mod dependent on a custom race, so I'll copypaste from that guide and change the wording around to suit this purpose.

1. You will need to download TES4 Plugin Utility, Wrye Bash, TESGecko or another utility that creates master files, that is, files with the esm extension. Use the utility to convert Apachii's Goddess Store esp for example into an esm file. Let's call it Apachii Goddess Store.esm.

2. Open the TES Construction Set, select Oblivion.esm, Apachii Goddess store.esm and the mod you're working on, and make your mod the active file.

3. Add the clothes you want to your NPC and save.

4. Now convert that Apachii Goddess Store.esm to an esp (this part is slightly redundant unless you deleted the original plugin after making the master file [esm] version). Use Wrye Bash to change your mod's dependency from the esm to the esp. Then DISABLE/DELETE the esm and ACTIVATE the esp. Should work now.

Edited by DesuChan

Thanks, this is basically a copy of the readme in partners mod and I have had problems with this before. Can I please list some steps and you tell me what I am doing wrong because when I try to do custom races, the game crashes or seizes the computer. Lets say I want to add a few Han race, downloaded the esp.

1) converted the esp to an esm.

2) loaded Oblivion.esm., partners.esm, han.esm and made han.esp my active file.

3) changed race details and saved.

4) converted han.esm to han.esp (which therefore overwrites the han.esp I started with).

5) loaded the same files again including han.esm (which means you get a duplicate race in the list)

6) now when I create a Han NPC, even with vanilla items, game crashes/freezes when I try to startup.

7) note, han.esm not checked in mod manager.

This is the bit that has me confused, at what point has my mod file become an esm again so I can "Use Wrye Bash to change your mod's dependency from the esm to the esp. Then DISABLE/DELETE the esm and ACTIVATE the esp. Should work now."

You're making me confused... Are you trying to make a custom race partner, or just trying to put custom clothing on an NPC?

And the way you're doing it is wrong. I can't say what's the right way unless I know what you want to do. But you definitely do not want to load han.esm and han.esp at the same time.

Sorry, the steps described by DesuChan are basically the same as the readme in Custom races in partners readme (and I have read the exact same wording in wiki).

In the past I tried to make some NPC's from custom races and had all sorts of trouble, previously, then later, tried to add the clothing to vanilla NPC's (this thread). The basic procedure of creating the esm etc seems the same in both cases. So I am asking for both, but if you can give the details for custom races first, that would be great. I don't see where I have a esm mod file to "Use Wrye Bash to change your mod's dependency from the esm to the esp. CS only saves in esp.

Starting with Han.esp downloaded (renamed from the Han mod which is called asian races). To make it easier to identify in OBMM.

Thanks in advance.