[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

Since the 1.7.9 update game just doesnt start. The process starts, i have a loading circle for a couple of seconds but it never launches the game and the process dies in a couple of seconds.

open your F4se.ini file make sure its listed as RuntimeName=Fallout4.exe, I had that problem once before

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the 1.7.9 update game just doesnt start. The process starts, i have a loading circle for a couple of seconds but it never launches the game and the process dies in a couple of seconds.

open your F4se.ini file make sure its listed as RuntimeName=Fallout4.exe, I had that problem once before

I don't have it. Not in the main folder nor in AppData\Fallout4 folder.

Yea I keep getting CTDs when loading FO4 with F4SE

same here,

In fact, Fallout4 crash with F4SE when loading any savegame where a mod has been desinstalled.

I also noticed a new "jump" entry in the customcontrolmap.txt file (line 172) not sure when this was added however, but this is not related to the crash.

Also, since a lot of time now (this is not related to this new version), I encounter a runtime error when exiting fallout4 (no issue in game at all), just a crash on exit, and not everytime.

This error only occurs when i load the game with F4SE

Edited by mcguffin

Not sure what windows your are using, but for windows 10 its steamapps, common, fallout 4, data, f4se. You should see it listed there. and make sure your have your file manager on show hidden files

Not sure what windows your are using, but for windows 10 its steamapps, common, fallout 4, data, f4se. You should see it listed there. and make sure your have your file manager on show hidden files

I don't have that file, either.

Could you upload it somewhere, please? Or should it just make it with notepad?

1) Go to your Fallout 4 folder, which most likely is -"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout4\"
2) Rename the Fallout4.exe to F4.exe
3) Rename f4se_loader.exe to Fallout4.exe
4) Go to \data\f4se\ - if the f4se folder doesn't exist, create it.
5) Make a file called f4se.ini and write this in it

[Loader]
RuntimeName=F4.exe

6) Save file
7) Start Fallout 4 via steam and hit Play

I did all this and it still crashes

in fact, the game does not even work through the launcher

Edited by Timmiii

1) Go to your Fallout 4 folder, which most likely is -"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout4\"

2) Rename the Fallout4.exe to F4.exe

3) Rename f4se_loader.exe to Fallout4.exe

4) Go to \data\f4se\ - if the f4se folder doesn't exist, create it.

5) Make a file called f4se.ini and write this in it

[Loader]

RuntimeName=F4.exe

6) Save file

7) Start Fallout 4 via steam and hit Play

I did all this and it still crashes

in fact, the game does not even work through the launcher

I did that method too, and it didn't work for me either.