[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

Did you move the entire contents of the F4SE release into your install folder? If so, you may have to delete the "scr" folder from your Fallout 4 install directory.

I've done that Dan AND even followed IanPatt's advice to delete various .pex files https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3335?start=255&tstart=0

Sadly, like so many others I keep reading of on the forums, I just keep getting the *Play/Options/Support/Exit* screen over n over n over .... not even the full start screen anymore :confused:

I have no idea what is actually going on with this last update, but it really does look Beth' have rogered the pooch so to say :sick: I just hope I dont have to reinstall my whole FO4 once this mess is 'sorted' because I had things running so sweetly (for a change) .

I don't see how this is Bethesda's fault. The base game runs fine, if anything this is a problem with F4SE.

edit: Anywho following IanPatt's advice worked for me. Game works fine.

Edited by CiderMuffin

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you move the entire contents of the F4SE release into your install folder? If so, you may have to delete the "scr" folder from your Fallout 4 install directory.

I've done that Dan AND even followed IanPatt's advice to delete various .pex files https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3335?start=255&tstart=0

Sadly, like so many others I keep reading of on the forums, I just keep getting the *Play/Options/Support/Exit* screen over n over n over .... not even the full start screen anymore :confused:

I have no idea what is actually going on with this last update, but it really does look Beth' have rogered the pooch so to say :sick: I just hope I dont have to reinstall my whole FO4 once this mess is 'sorted' because I had things running so sweetly (for a change) .

I don't see how this is Bethesda's fault. The base game runs fine, if anything this is a problem with F4SE.

edit: Anywho following IanPatt's advice worked for me. Game works fine.

Just wanted to add that following IanPatt's advice solved my problems too.

I see everyone talking about crashing, but that's not what's happening to me. Every time I start up the game from the loader I get to the main menu and despite it telling me to press any button to start, pressing/clicking does nothing. I haven't found anyone else with this issue and I have no idea how to fix it. I really need this to enable achievements with mods, does anyone know of a fix?

Edited by GrandpaChew

I just tried using f4se, and suddenly the loading times increased extremely. Loading savegames and going through doors went up from a few seconds to several minutes (edit: starting the game as well). If I launch the game normally, it loads fast again. Is this a known issue? (used Fallout4 v1.5.416 with f4se 0.01.18)

Edited by pra

I just tried using f4se, and suddenly the loading times increased extremely. Loading savegames and going through doors went up from a few seconds to several minutes (edit: starting the game as well). If I launch the game normally, it loads fast again. Is this a known issue? (used Fallout4 v1.5.416 with f4se 0.01.18)

Not that I'm aware of (or have experienced personally). What mods aren't you loading without F4SE?

Not that I'm aware of (or have experienced personally). What mods aren't you loading without F4SE?

I don't have any f4se mods at all. I just wanted to use it to circumvent steam's update-on-launch antifeature, actually.

I see everyone talking about crashing, but that's not what's happening to me. Every time I start up the game from the loader I get to the main menu and despite it telling me to press any button to start, pressing/clicking does nothing. I haven't found anyone else with this issue and I have no idea how to fix it. I really need this to enable achievements with mods, does anyone know of a fix?

I'm having the exact same problem as you and no clue why. If I try loading the game normally it works fine, but going through F4se it's like something is blocking keyboard input.

I'm having the exact same problem as you and no clue why. If I try loading the game normally it works fine, but going through F4se it's like something is blocking keyboard input.

I actually ended up fixing it. Turns out I wasn't supposed to have all the files in its own folder like I read on the Nexus Mods site, and I put everything but the test and scr folders in to the folder with the fo4 exe, worked fine.

So I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I downloaded the latest version of F4SE (Downloads\f4se_0_02_00.7z\f4se_0_02_00\) and I copied f4se_1_6_9.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll into my install directory. But when I run it now I am still receiving the newer version of Fallout message. I tried deleting the src folder which didn't change anything and I even tried copying the src folder from the F4SE zip to replace it.