[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

Hi guys, thanks you for your hard work. I have one problem, I extracted "Fallout4 - Interface.ba2" for modify controlmap.txt and make numpad and another reserved keys bindable but in FO4 interface ba2 dont have controlmap.txt, only .swf files. Maybe that feature is hardcoded?? It's so sad because many people are lefty and we like/need play with numpad :(

Can you confirm me if controlmap.txt is hardcoded and i cant change that feature? Could you help me and another lefty users players to add numpad keybind support? I cant play until numpad will be bindable :S

Thx you again guys.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

behippo could you somehow do an output//_MESSAGE of numFiles before it starts extracting or a(n additional) command that'd just get the ba2extract.txt /info out instead of already extracting the files :D?

I made a little python interface for myself using the tool for my custom needs, but would love being able to fetch some pre-info.

I can ask Ian to look at that. You mainly want a file listing of what is in the BSA - what files we would extract, but not do the actual extraction?

Pretty much, I'd be happy with any info it could supply. If it's just the numfiles I can do a compare-count to check progress of extraction afterwards and if it's the textfile-one I can do a compare check to list for myself which files already extracted (and do the count myself at the same time). If Ian's got any time for it, that'd be great, otherwise just thanks for updating it already recently :smile:.

As for moderator related subjects, sending a pm to one that's currently or most recently active works. Sometimes it's worth trying to check if one's in the chat available for a response there, you can even send a private message there. (usually best to ask if they're around first)

Hi guys, thanks you for your hard work. I have one problem, I extracted "Fallout4 - Interface.ba2" for modify controlmap.txt and make numpad and another reserved keys bindable but in FO4 interface ba2 dont have controlmap.txt, only .swf files. Maybe that feature is hardcoded?? It's so sad because many people are lefty and we like/need play with numpad :sad:

Can you confirm me if controlmap.txt is hardcoded and i cant change that feature? Could you help me and another lefty users players to add numpad keybind support? I cant play until numpad will be bindable :S

Thx you again guys.

We can't confirm anything yet, but we understand how important this is an are investigating. No idea when we will discover something,

behippo could you somehow do an output//_MESSAGE of numFiles before it starts extracting or a(n additional) command that'd just get the ba2extract.txt /info out instead of already extracting the files :D?

I made a little python interface for myself using the tool for my custom needs, but would love being able to fetch some pre-info.

I can ask Ian to look at that. You mainly want a file listing of what is in the BSA - what files we would extract, but not do the actual extraction?

Pretty much, I'd be happy with any info it could supply. If it's just the numfiles I can do a compare-count to check progress of extraction afterwards and if it's the textfile-one I can do a compare check to list for myself which files already extracted (and do the count myself at the same time). If Ian's got any time for it, that'd be great, otherwise just thanks for updating it already recently :smile:.

As for moderator related subjects, sending a pm to one that's currently or most recently active works. Sometimes it's worth trying to check if one's in the chat available for a response there, you can even send a private message there. (usually best to ask if they're around first)

Thanks - I will see what we have time to do with the extractor. And my bungling with the moderators still seemed to accomplish the goal and get moved to ModTalk. So I'll count that as a win.

Behippo may I ask for a dump of all the game settings, script commands and cvars? I made one for NV's engine but it took many many days of cut/paste out of the exe. I would gather your team has a much easier way to do this. :)

Hi guys, thanks you for your hard work. I have one problem, I extracted "Fallout4 - Interface.ba2" for modify controlmap.txt and make numpad and another reserved keys bindable but in FO4 interface ba2 dont have controlmap.txt, only .swf files. Maybe that feature is hardcoded?? It's so sad because many people are lefty and we like/need play with numpad :sad:

Thx you again guys.

We can't confirm anything yet, but we understand how important this is an are investigating. No idea when we will discover something,

I've been searching my butt of for this problem. No ControlMap.txt inside the unpacked archives. No easily editable file inside the archives. I'm afraid the only way to modifie key is via the flash files.

The good news however is, they used CS4 just like in Skyrim.

I tried that one but the .dds files wouldn't open in Photoshop. I have them all extracted now using the command line one here.

At the time of release, my extractor produced identical files to ba2extract. I verified this on both general and texture BA2s for each file in the archive using a binary diff tool. I'd like if you could verify this yourself. If they actually differ for you, I'd like to know.

As of 0.02 I now just treat the BC5U like ATI2 like ba2extract can be told to do, but this is still wrong, at least in that the only tool which can really work with it doesn't display it correctly. I posted about that here.

Jon, The 0.01 version was the only one I tested and was the one that was still up when I managed to extract using the SKSE command line tool. If you have no issues reported with 0.02 from anyone else I am sure it works just fine. I didn't even know you updated yet and figured I would grab an update when Nifskope and Max plugins are out and I would want the .nif files extracted.

@behippo,

Not sure if I am correct in thinking but isn't some SKSE plugin mods like Enhanced Camera using SKSE as a way to run the mod but doesn't require the scripting changes? If that's correct would it possible to release an early version with or without any script extending so mods like Enhanced Camera can be done before the CK is released and F4SE is ready? Please say yes to both and someone will make an Enhanced Camera mod for FO4 lol. I miss having legs! If I am wrong then that's OK.