TES V: what do you want to see?

poopgoblin

Oblivion's great, but it lacks in some areas, so, here's a few of the many things that i'd like to see in TES V

a main quest that lets you to choose between good or evil

more guilds (Imperial Legion, Cammona Tong, Morag(sic?) Tong, Imperial Cult, Great Houses, others?)

ability to choose which guild you can join (Mages or Necromancers, Blackwood or Fighters)

horse combat

crossbows

ability to toggle essential NPCs on or off

the need to eat and sleep, also toggle-able

multiplayer (free)

what would you like to see?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblivion's great, but it lacks in some areas, so, here's a few of the many things that i'd like to see in TES V

a main quest that lets you to choose between good or evil

more guilds (Imperial Legion, Cammona Tong, Morag(sic?) Tong, Imperial Cult, Great Houses, others?)

ability to choose which guild you can join (Mages or Necromancers, Blackwood or Fighters)

horse combat

crossbows

ability to toggle essential NPCs on or off

the need to eat and sleep, also toggle-able

multiplayer (free)

what would you like to see?

Yes, yes, YES! Good or evil main quest! YES! ALL game are prejudice agaisnt us...less than moral characters.

More guilds yes, but Cammona Tong, Morang Tong, possibly Imperial Cult, and the Great Houses are ONLY in Morrowind.

Yes, that goes along with evil main quest alternative. Join the guilds' enemies. However, Blackwood Company is only in Black Marsh now that they have been erradicated from Cyrodiil.

Deffinately horse combat, nut with M'aiq's opinion on this being NO, this probably won't happen.

Just simply get rid on 'essential' npcs. They ruin everything...especially when I go on slaughter fests just for fun.

Yes, crossbows should go back in, but again, M'aiq says no.

The need to eat and sleep would make the game TOO realistic. That's where you get into the sims kinda game.

Multiplayer would be nice, but never going to happen. Bethesda in concerned with making, "the best possible single player experience." (quote...I don't remember where I found it :D )

The ability to go to any city in Tamriel, fight on horses, more npc and enemys.

What exactly do you mean by "The ability to go to any city in Tamriel"? Are you saying being able to leave the province that the game takes place in? That would make the game WAAAAAY to big. So big infact, an entire room filled with one giant computer couldn't handle it.

The LAST thing we need is MORE npcs. I'm sorry but it's true. We have enough. More monster types would be good.

I would like to see a complex plotline, with numerous branchings, with quests that are complex, interesting, and lorish, and which cannot (easily) be completed at low levels.

I would also like to see either a return to MW's text dialogue, or else a speech synthesizer that is easy to work with, capable of natural-sounding speech and emotions, and can produce the distinct vocal patterns and accents of previous games.

More guilds yes, but Cammona Tong, Morang Tong, possibly Imperial Cult, and the Great Houses are ONLY in Morrowind.

Blackwood Company...

The need to eat and sleep would make the game TOO realistic.

1. they could make new Great Houses for wherever the game takes place (i have a friend who thinks it might take place on Akaviri)

2. when i said Blackwoods, and the Tongs, i meant like alternate guilds. for example, you can join the traditional guilds OR their rival guilds. Blackwoods rivals Fighters, Cammona rivals Thieves, Morang rivals DB. they would have different names, of course

3. thats why you can toggle need to eat and sleep on or off

Blackwood Company...

The need to eat and sleep would make the game TOO realistic.

1. they could make new Great Houses for wherever the game takes place (i have a friend who thinks it might take place on Akaviri)

2. when i said Blackwoods, and the Tongs, i meant like alternate guilds. for example, you can join the traditional guilds OR their rival guilds. Blackwoods rivals Fighters, Cammona rivals Thieves, Morang rivals DB. they would have different names, of course

3. thats why you can toggle need to eat and sleep on or off

1. I see your point...I however think the game will take place in Skyrim. A rumor told me...in Morrowind, if you got Tribunal, you heard rumors of unrest in Cyrodiil. Look! TES IV is in Cyrodiil. I heard a rumor saying Skyrim is under siege...However, i hope it's in Akiviri. It sounds like an interesting place.

2. Yes, that's what I figured. I just wanted to clear it up.

3. I know there would be a toggle (if there wasn't, the game would flop), but I just don't think there would be enough people who want it for it to be worth the time and effort...hmmm...I'll edit this post later with a link. I'm going to start a new thread.

Edit: here for the new poll.

Oh, also:

The chance that actions will fail.

Guilds and factions that only permit copetent members to advance.

A distinctive style of appearance. There wasn't as much room for this in Oblivion as there was in Morrowind, but hopefully that won't be the case for V.

EDIT: Also, cast-when-used enchantments (maybe just on rings), and gradual regeneration of charge (somewhat less than a character with level 5 Enchantment would get in Morrowind).

The ability to go to any city in Tamriel, fight on horses, more npc and enemys.

Actually, you could visit the entire Tamriel in The Elderscrolls: Arena. Problem was that most of it was pre-generated.

I would like to see a better storyline where your actions have a consequence and you may finish the main quest differently depending on your morality and past actions. BethSoft can learn from Bioware.

You guys seem to have alot to debate about quests and stuff, so i'll leave you too it. Just a thought though, the game can't take place out of tamriel, because you don't get Things like Argonians, Orcs, Kahjiit(sp?), Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, Breton, Imperials, Redguards and Nords in Akaviri. So, no, the game won't be in akivir. It may however contain akavir.

Now I normally as an assassin, so this is what I would like to see in that area.

-Harder to get away with murder. Guards investigate muders. "This person was killed with a glass arrow, and you are the only person in town with these. Explain yourself"

-Cover you tracks. Not litterally, just the need to dispose of evidence. (thats a bit more on the whole "crime" bit).

-More Platformer type things, like ropes to climb walls and enter peoples houses through windows.

-More realistic AI. If I woke up and saw a Black robed figure in the corner with a weapon drawn, I wouldn't ask him to leave. I would jump out the window.

-Sneak attacks that are actually Fatal.

-Bows (and crossbows) shouldn't have sneak attacks. They should get damage and effect bonuses based on where they hit. Headshot is intant kill, spine shot is permenant paralyze, chest may cause breathing and thus fatigue difficulties.

-Break necks with hands

Others things like combat should be improved a lot. This way if someone Has a good blade skill, they actually use it (parry, take out lots of people at once with swipes). If you have played "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic" you will know what i mean. The ability to impale people, kick people of ledges, stab people while there down to finish them.

Also, Magic spells should be able to vary a bit more. Surely if you can cast a "Restore Health 20pts on self for 20 mana" you should be able to cast "Restore Health 10 pts for 10 mana" without having to buy a new spell. Other things like controlling fireballs with the cursor (Dark Messiah) would be fun. Makes spells hit more often and the ability to shoot lots of spell, then make them all hit at once. Combinging spells should be possible, you let of a fireball spell, then a weakness to fire spell, then "shoot" them at the same time.

Those are my ideas. Hope you like them,

You guys seem to have alot to debate about quests and stuff, so i'll leave you too it. Just a thought though, the game can't take place out of tamriel, because you don't get Things like Argonians, Orcs, Kahjiit(sp?), Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, Breton, Imperials, Redguards and Nords in Akaviri. So, no, the game won't be in akivir. It may however contain akavir.

Tamriel is the entire continent. Akiviri is in that continent. Cyrodiil is the province in which Oblivion takes place. Also, the game could take place somewhere else. Like maybe one of the plains of Oblivion? Shivering Ilses takes place in Sheogorath's Realm. Maybe TES V could take place in the realm of a different Daedric Prince. Azura perhaps? or maybe Molag Bal? Let's give Boethiah a try. There's always Clavicus Vile. I think it would be fun to play the game as a daedra. Maybe, here's a wild idea, we could play AS one of the Daedric Lords! That would be awsome!