TES V: what do you want to see?

poopgoblin

Actually, my speculation is that after the events of TES IV, the provinces will rebel. If TES V doesn't take place on Akavir, it will likely deal with that war...maybe Tosh Raka will take that opportunity to invade Tamriel...hmm...

Are you sure about that rebelion. I can think of dozens of real life historical events, where a tyranical dictator has risen from such chaos, and been able to focous the agression of the people on forign states. Nothing unifies a nation like war. It is posible( and also a better plot than yours) that in TES V we may see an evil empire viciously attacking some of the other nations of Nirn, mabey the player will have to fight to repell these invaders and protect thier country. Bethesda probly wont do either of our ideas, but thats thier loss.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else i would really like to see. I think you should be able to knock ANY humanoid unconscious.

So you dont have to outright KILL them, would make mugging the heck out of someone alot cooler.

Like with handtohand in MW. They get knocked out and if you hit em again while theyre down THEN they die.

I tried to get around this with a thief char of mine but i had to cheat like heck, so it wasn't worth it.

100 damage fatigue / 5seconds will render just about everyone "unconscious" for a few mins. Hard to "legitimately" make that spell though. Plus if you cast it while invisible they enter flee mode instead of attack mode and you cant loot em. Plus you cant loot anything theyre wearing anyway.

"knock em unconscious" Ill just take those boots thank you...oh a shiny sword! gank!

that would be better.

A problem i could see coming of this though is really uber gear early on from muggings.

Maybe have it make an endurance check versus your handtohand skill to make where you cant knock out really tough ppl. Like the watch commander

just an idea.

Actually, my speculation is that after the events of TES IV, the provinces will rebel. If TES V doesn't take place on Akavir, it will likely deal with that war...maybe Tosh Raka will take that opportunity to invade Tamriel...hmm...

Are you sure about that rebelion. I can think of dozens of real life historical events, where a tyranical dictator has risen from such chaos, and been able to focous the agression of the people on forign states. Nothing unifies a nation like war. It is posible( and also a better plot than yours) that in TES V we may see an evil empire viciously attacking some of the other nations of Nirn, mabey the player will have to fight to repell these invaders and protect thier country. Bethesda probly wont do either of our ideas, but thats thier loss.

That could be, I think either is possible really, but I tend to think it's rebellion because throughout Oblivion, you hear rumours about problems in the provinces and the Elder Council having only a slight grasp at them. Also, aside from Dagon (who's already been dealt with) and Tosh Raka (who plans to kill of a the Tsaesci first), I don't know of anyone who wants to invade Tamriel.

The hard thing about having a war, is that some characters arn't really the run-in-and-smack-them-to-bits type. They should have a war going, and you choose how you help. On the battle field, on the cliffs as an archer, an assassin who goes in and takes out their commanders, a mage who heals people/ sends fireballs raining down from the sky.

The hard thing about having a war, is that some characters arn't really the run-in-and-smack-them-to-bits type. They should have a war going, and you choose how you help. On the battle field, on the cliffs as an archer, an assassin who goes in and takes out their commanders, a mage who heals people/ sends fireballs raining down from the sky.

It's for that reason, that I think TES V will happen AFTER the wars have all ended. Chances are, with Bethesda's prejudice against evil characters, that they will somehow bring the daedra back in as the bad guys. Maybe this time Molag Bal will try and invade Tamriel...who knows :unsure: .

What would be cool, is if TES V is a prelude to all the rest. Maybe we could find out what really happened to the dwemer.

Or, maybe we could play as a Daedric Prince ;D . That would rock! They could pull it off two as the Daedric Princes have no inherit gender or appearance. We could play as a male Azura!

I have my own theory about where TES V will be set; Summerset Isle. The reason: daedra worship's been becoming more prevalent. What's been a common group of characters that the player can interact with in the Elder Scrolls games (I don't know if you could interact with them in Arena or Daggerfall): the Daedric Princes.

The only flaw in this is that Summerset Isle's very small; only about half the size of Colovia. Which leads me to think that it'll be the first game since Arena (or Daggerfall, I don't know what the playable areas were in that) to have more than one playable province.

Now they've already done Cyrodiil, so what's the only other province near enough to Summerset Isle to be used as a playable area? The answer is, of course, Valenwood. By bringing back the boat transport that was in Morrowind (or even allowing the player to own/hire a ship themselves), you have yourself as easy way to and from the Isle.

Personally, I just want to see Summerset Isle; I'm curious about what it looks like.

Personally, I just want to see Summerset Isle; I'm curious about what it looks like.

Oh it's beautiful. Flithor takes a trip there once every month. Even Lord Sheogorath needs a vacation once in a while :D Also, which prince do you think they worship over there? Malacath!? No, ME!

What they could do about that is just give you some solo missions and every once and a while fight with an army or just try to give you a bunch of soldiers and you could train them to your fighting style.

I could see it now, a bunch of farmers in ninja clothes ready to kill the leader of the opposing team. :P

By bringing back the boat transport that was in Morrowind (or even allowing the player to own/hire a ship themselves), you have yourself as easy way to and from the Isle.

Unlikely, as Morrowind is set at least 100 years before Oblivion (read 'The Real Barenzia', the whole set is in Cloud Ruler, note the reference to a 'Champion' who 'currently resides in the Imperial City prison'

By bringing back the boat transport that was in Morrowind (or even allowing the player to own/hire a ship themselves), you have yourself as easy way to and from the Isle.

Unlikely, as Morrowind is set at least 100 years before Oblivion (read 'The Real Barenzia', the whole set is in Cloud Ruler, note the reference to a 'Champion' who 'currently resides in the Imperial City prison'

Wow are you wrong! Firstly, Morrowind was set about two or three years before Oblivion. Just look at the years! Secondly, that 'Champion' is in reference to Daggerfall NOT Morrowind. If you would have read them all, you would have realized that it describes her giving information about a staff to the 'Champion' with which will be used to kill Jagar Tharn. That doesn't sound like the main quest in Morrowind...